Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2007-11-23T13:39:01Z by Ernie.Bahr
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
40 Posts

Pinned topic FileNet P8 Records Manager and movement of records across diff storage tier

‏2007-11-20T22:53:41Z |
I am New to FileNet Records Manager and would like to know if the Record Manager has any functionality that helps in moving records across different tiers of storage based on the retention policy set on the records.

We have EMC SANs at our place but do not have any Information Lifecycle Management product or any Virtualization product that helps in defining the movement of data across different tiers of storage based on its Usage.

As an example if a record or data is used more often, it is available on Expensive Tier 1 storage and as the usage and value of data decreases it gets moved to less expensive storage.

Appreciate if I could get a quick response based on your experiences.

Thanks
Amit
Updated on 2007-11-23T13:39:01Z at 2007-11-23T13:39:01Z by Ernie.Bahr
  • Ernie.Bahr
    Ernie.Bahr
    1 Post

Re: FileNet P8 Records Manager and movement of records across diff storage tier

‏2007-11-23T13:39:01Z  
    To the best of my knowledge, RM does not have this ability. If you are on P8 4.X there is advanced Content Caching functionality in the underlying Content Engine based on geographic location, but I do not know if this will help you or not.