Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-06-18T10:14:58Z by AhsanYawar
Ivan261
Ivan261
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Business monitor and access to array of objects in event.

‏2007-10-23T06:49:37Z |
Hello.
In our project business object consist of property type of key-value.
code<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="Person" type="Person_Type" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xs:sequence>[/code]
In event this type transformed to
code<extendedDataElement maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Person" type="noValue">
<extendedDataElement maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="key" type="String">
<extendedDataElement maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="value" type="String">
</extendedDataElement>[/code]
How I can get access to person/value in business monitor Metric Value Maps?
codeHumanTaskAppLoad_EXIT/extendedData/message/output/Person/value[/code] leads to the error "CWMMV0110E: Single value expression: X20 Predicate must be of type integer, not 'boolean'. (Only numeric predicates are supported.)"
codeHumanTaskAppLoad_EXIT/extendedData/message/output/Person[1]/value[/code] leads to the error "CWMMV0110E: Single value expression: R01 Accessing array elements is not supported."
Updated on 2008-01-25T06:10:56Z at 2008-01-25T06:10:56Z by SystemAdmin
  • Ivan261
    Ivan261
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Business monitor and access to array of objects in event.

‏2007-10-23T07:23:08Z  in response to Ivan261
    Business monitor version is 6.0.2
  • sriramantr
    sriramantr
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-10-23T11:03:13Z  in response to Ivan261
    Hey,

Even i had faced this problem. I had to change my design in the end. Any information on accessing array elements in a metric value editor would be useful.

Let me try and get back to you.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      3556 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-01-25T06:10:56Z  in response to sriramantr
      Hi,

I am using Monitor 6.1. I am trying to capture the content of an array into metrics. Can anyone please let me know if this possible? If so, how?
      Thanks a lot!
  • anpati1
    anpati1
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-10-24T14:54:29Z  in response to Ivan261
    Hi,

I'm trying to access variable data from an BPEL variable based event using the path 'variable'_CHANGED/extendedData/variableData. I cannot access any value within the event 'variable'_CHANGED event, neither Predefined data nor Property data nor Extendend data. Has anyone tried accessing values generated by 'variable'_CHANGED event??The event is created against a BPEL variable. I cannot use the 'context'_EXIT event as documented in clips and tacks example due to limitations in my message structure.
    Please can anyone help??!!!
    • sriramantr
      sriramantr
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-10-30T11:31:36Z  in response to anpati1
      Do you get any exception while running the monitor model in this scenario?
      I tested with cbe explorer. Events are generated and variable's changed value is updated in the event's metadata. If you can elaborate on your situation, I can help you out.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3556 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-01-24T17:56:31Z  in response to Ivan261
    Hi,

I had a similar problem as anpati1. In runtime the model did not pick up the Variable_CHANGED events. It turns out that the correlation expressions generated from the process model is incorrect. In my chase it had to do with the value for ECSParentID in my main process. If you modify the correlation expression in your monitor model to correlate against something you know is correct, and create a new key variable it might work.
  • AhsanYawar
    AhsanYawar
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-06-18T10:14:58Z  in response to Ivan261

Hi, 

Normally with static variables, data is displayed in IBM Business Monitor. I am able to track single entity variables from IBM Process Designer but I can't find way to get array variables (Is List) data into Business Monitor.

I tried to create custom inbound event in monitor model which should fetch array data and assign it to the metrics but it ended up showing errors. 

Is the any way Business Monitor can handle array data ?

Ahsan