Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-09-23T12:23:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
14225 Posts

Pinned topic RAD 7 Class Diagram question

‏2007-10-22T14:44:15Z |
I am trying to display the full signature for a method in a class diagram in RAD 7. I would like to display the input parameter names and types and the return type. This does appear if you select the method, but this is hard to do when it is printed...Any suggestions?

I finally got the modeler to display the dependency relationships and the type (not the name, just the type) of the input parameters for methods so I am assuming I am just missing something...

Thanks
Updated on 2009-09-23T12:23:51Z at 2009-09-23T12:23:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • MauroSSilva
    MauroSSilva
    12 Posts

Re: RAD 7 Class Diagram question

‏2008-07-16T19:06:32Z  
    Have you tried right click on class > filters > show signature ?

[]´s.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2009-08-31T21:07:59Z  
    Have you tried right click on class > filters > show signature ?

[]´s.
    Thank You, that helped
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2009-09-03T11:22:24Z  
    This is helpful but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the 'return type' to show in the class diagram as scottW had asked about. Has anyone been able to show the return type in a class in the class diagram?

Thank you!
  • shu1
    shu1
    12 Posts

‏2009-09-04T00:50:35Z  
    This is helpful but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the 'return type' to show in the class diagram as scottW had asked about. Has anyone been able to show the return type in a class in the class diagram?

Thank you!
    The apprearance option of "Java" element seems affected.

You can set the option at the Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Appearance, "Show method return types" then the appearance of the Class node on the diagram will changes accordingly.
    shu1
  • shu1
    shu1
    12 Posts

‏2009-09-04T01:04:51Z  
    • shu1
    • ‏2009-09-04T00:50:35Z

You can set the option at the Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Appearance, "Show method return types" then the appearance of the Class node on the diagram will changes accordingly.
    shu1
    The above statement is for "Visualized" java class.

I found another preference that affects appearance of visualized java class,
    that is Java operation display style (Window -> Preferences, Modeling -> Java).

You can use the UML style label (for visualized java class operation) by setting "UML style" to the option.

If you can't see the option, ensure that the Java modeling capability (General -> Capabilities, Modeling -> Java) is turned on.
    shu1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2009-09-23T12:23:51Z  
    • shu1
    • ‏2009-09-04T00:50:35Z

shu1
    Awesome, that did it! I never would have thought looking under Java preferences to get this to show up in my class diagram. I would have expected to see this under modeling somewhere.

Anyway, once I enabled "Show method return types" and the on the actual class went to Filters -> Show Signature it now shows up.

Thank you!