Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2007-09-20T15:42:14Z by hrktech
hrktech
hrktech
3 Posts

Pinned topic SAP userid-password caching

‏2007-09-17T17:33:35Z |
The Portlet factory - Portal application uses sapjco user id for connecting to SAP in most of BAPI calls.

However, there is one BAPI call for Processing inbound idocs from file, where the user needs to input userid/password on Portal application screen, which is used to specify the Runtime Credentials - Specify execution credentials. (Execution Username - ${Variables/SAPUserForSubmit} ) & (Execution Password - ${Variables/SAPPasswordForSubmit} ).

These 2 variable are set , before executing the BAPI.

However the userid and password is cached on the first attempt. If in first attempt, user inputs wrong id/password. In subsequently attempts all processing fails with username/password incorrect error. On the other hand, if first attempt is successful, subsequently even providing wrong id/password also are processed , using id of first attempt.

The check box , Enable Schema caching does not seem to have any effect. ran with both checked and unchecked. the results are same.

Is there something that can be done so that userid / password does not get cached.

Thank you
Updated on 2007-09-20T15:42:14Z at 2007-09-20T15:42:14Z by hrktech
  • bosox
    bosox
    4 Posts

Re: SAP userid-password caching

‏2007-09-19T23:36:38Z  

Are you able to post your model? I would be curious to see how you have this configured.
  • hrktech
    hrktech
    3 Posts

Re: SAP userid-password caching

‏2007-09-20T15:42:14Z  
    • bosox
    • ‏2007-09-19T23:36:38Z

Are you able to post your model? I would be curious to see how you have this configured.
    The model and doesn't use service/consumer model and implemented a while back. This caching problem was recently observed in QA.

I am attaching a sample model that simulates original one. The userid/password variables are set before executing BAPI, with values entered by user from UI.

These variable values are cached after first use. Also I do notice that the cache values are cleared after specific interval (not sure if there is any such setting). And since this screen on Portal in Production is used probably by only 2 people and rarely by both on same day, this issue was never noticed earlier, and transactions got posted to SAP properly under the user's name.
    Updated on 2007-09-20T15:42:14Z at 2007-09-20T15:42:14Z by hrktech