Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-03T22:43:38Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts

Pinned topic JSP Rendering portlet

‏2007-09-15T03:16:29Z |
I need to render a Search Page in a portlet and then display the search results in a Results Page (also in a portlet).

If I have a search.jsp and a results_of_search.jsp coded, can I configure a portlet to include the 2 jsps I have without writing Portlet specific code ?

I believe there is a JSP Portlet out-of-the-box which I can configure to point to search.jsp

Am I correct ? Suggestions/feedback appreciated.

P.S -> We have no portlet development expertise and would want to re-use any out-of-the-box portlets

anyone has had experience with a JSP Portlet ? Is there a portlet that can render JSP (not the web-clipping ) Thanks
Updated on 2012-10-03T22:43:38Z at 2012-10-03T22:43:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

Re: JSP Rendering portlet

‏2007-09-15T06:18:19Z  
    Hi

To answer your specific question, there is a portlet that renders the content of a JSP - it's deployed as the "Welcome to WebSphere Portal" portlet on the home page.

Under the covers, this portlet is known as the Blurb portlet and, on my box, lives here: -

C:\WebSphere\PortalServer\installedApps\BlurbPortlet_tg1zsu0.ear\Blurb.war

The portlet's edit mode allows you to pick a JSP from within the WAR file - the default path is "\jsp\oob\html".

Not sure if this really helps but ....

Regards

Dave Hay
    david_hay@uk.ibm.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

Re: JSP Rendering portlet

‏2012-10-03T22:43:38Z  
    Hi

To answer your specific question, there is a portlet that renders the content of a JSP - it's deployed as the "Welcome to WebSphere Portal" portlet on the home page.

Under the covers, this portlet is known as the Blurb portlet and, on my box, lives here: -

C:\WebSphere\PortalServer\installedApps\BlurbPortlet_tg1zsu0.ear\Blurb.war

The portlet's edit mode allows you to pick a JSP from within the WAR file - the default path is "\jsp\oob\html".

Not sure if this really helps but ....

Regards

Dave Hay
    david_hay@uk.ibm.com
    What's the best practice to deploy this portlet? Should I copy the PA_Blurb.ear (if I can find it) import it into eclipse, add the files, re-export it and upload it to portal? Or even better, how can I create my own PA_Blurb that does just that, display text. I want to keep it separate from the distribution because my custom content might get clobbered when patches are applied.