Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-03-25T16:53:27Z by SystemAdmin
Bhadri
Bhadri
3 Posts

Pinned topic RAM and LDAP

‏2007-09-14T22:53:43Z |
Has anyone tried to configure LDAP authentication in RAM?

When I use custom registry to configure RAM for LDAP, I always get the following error.

Error setting custom user info class or ID
Invalid Administrator ID in custom registry
But I am able to configure LDAP in WAS and am able to use LDAP authentication for RAM. Since I am unable to configure RAM for LDAP, I cannot do the admin stuff after logging into RAM using LDAP. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Updated on 2010-03-25T16:53:27Z at 2010-03-25T16:53:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • ricky1
    ricky1
    84 Posts

Re: RAM and LDAP

‏2007-09-17T13:44:32Z  
    It means the id that you said was the admin id on the configuration page when configuring the Custom Registry in RAM was not an id that existed in the LDAP.
  • Bhadri
    Bhadri
    3 Posts

‏2007-09-17T14:28:49Z  
    • ricky1
    • ‏2007-09-17T13:44:32Z
    It means the id that you said was the admin id on the configuration page when configuring the Custom Registry in RAM was not an id that existed in the LDAP.
    Thanks for the reply. After configuring WAS for LDAP, I am able to use the same id to log into RAM as a regular user. So I believe the user id is in the LDAP server. Please correct me if I am worng. Thanks.
  • Bhadri
    Bhadri
    3 Posts

‏2007-09-17T19:06:24Z  
    Well it's an usage error. I missed something in the user DN
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2008-03-13T02:23:44Z  
    You may want to check out a new whitepaper on Developerworks that provides detailed information on how to do this
    Rational Asset Manager Basic Security
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2009-03-05T17:11:07Z  
    You may want to check out a new whitepaper on Developerworks that provides detailed information on how to do this
    Rational Asset Manager Basic Security
    Hello,

Im having some issues concerning LDAP authentication. When I log on with the administrator, the Administration menu in never shown.

Pls help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2009-03-10T18:37:54Z  
    Hello,

Im having some issues concerning LDAP authentication. When I log on with the administrator, the Administration menu in never shown.

Pls help.
    Hi Sergio,
    It sounds like you are able to login since you say you can't see the Adminstration Tab. Keep in mind the RAM repository administrator user id "admin" and password "admin" must first specify who are the other repository administrators. So unless that is done you won't see that. The other way to see the Adminstration Tab is if you are a community administrator. To see see that you must belong to a community where you have been granted community administrator privileges.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2009-03-10T20:14:49Z  
    Hi Sergio,
    It sounds like you are able to login since you say you can't see the Adminstration Tab. Keep in mind the RAM repository administrator user id "admin" and password "admin" must first specify who are the other repository administrators. So unless that is done you won't see that. The other way to see the Adminstration Tab is if you are a community administrator. To see see that you must belong to a community where you have been granted community administrator privileges.
    Hello, thanks for your response.

I solved this issue by modifying the data store in the database. The problem I think is because when configuring ldap athentication the first time you log on with the ldap administrator user the register form apperars and another user is created in the database. When I checked the permissions I notice no adminitration permissions assigned to the user in the ldap so I do it manually I insert a row in the GROUPUSERROLE Table. I attach the USERID TABLE where you can see that the created user is different than the ldap user.
    Anyway thanks for the help. Im having another big issue with this installation. Pls check this other post.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=241531

I guess this is a similiar problem. Pls help!

Thanks,

Sergio R.

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2009-03-10T20:17:26Z  

I solved this issue by modifying the data store in the database. The problem I think is because when configuring ldap athentication the first time you log on with the ldap administrator user the register form apperars and another user is created in the database. When I checked the permissions I notice no adminitration permissions assigned to the user in the ldap so I do it manually I insert a row in the GROUPUSERROLE Table. I attach the USERID TABLE where you can see that the created user is different than the ldap user.
    Anyway thanks for the help. Im having another big issue with this installation. Pls check this other post.

Thanks,

Sergio R.
    Another thing...

When configuring LDAP the admin admin user doesn't work. because this user doesn't belong to the ldap.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    217 Posts

‏2010-03-25T16:53:27Z  

Thanks,

Sergio R.
    Hi sergio,

I guess i am facing the same problem. But i can not solve.
    I'm using ldap with BluePages here at IBM. The setup of RAM is required that i provide my User, i tried to create another user but it is not possible.
    I need to give a user ldap that is in one administrative group, and when i provide my user seems that the system creates another user, different from my LDAP user and causing error on login.
    Until i can log into the RAM, but i get an unexpected error message. (see attached).
    I did not understand very well what you did to solve your problem .. could you explain?

Sorry my bad English.
    Thank you very much.