4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-31T01:51:13Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2105 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic XMLPack - XML Output Stage Validation Size Restriction

‏2007-09-13T17:18:55Z |
Hello,

We have a DataStage Enterprise job that uses the XMLPack and XMLOutput stage to create an XML document. The output XML document is around 20Meg in size. We would like to validate the document against an XSD schema to be sure it is valid before passing it to the consuming application. We are running into a restriction doing this. The error message is:

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: <XML_Output>: Error message (261894) exceeds the maximum message size (131056); dropping.

The message is clear and apparently from Xalan. XMLOutput appears to be restricted to validating 128k messages which is tiny by ETL standards. I can find nothing in the documentation about extending this limit. Is there a way to extend the maximum document size that can be validated or some other work-around?

Thanks
Ken
Updated on 2012-03-31T01:51:13Z at 2012-03-31T01:51:13Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: XMLPack - XML Output Stage Validation Size Restriction

‏2007-09-13T17:41:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I searched and found one similar error with resolution "we found customer need to provide .dtd to validate the generated XML. Stage->DocumentSetting->Header->Include
    <!DOCTYPE input SYSTEM "svr_in.dtd"> ----svr_in.dtd is the DTD we used and is in the path where we generated XML.

This will allow the customer to get the expected XML and as well as Validate it without any warnings in the Director Log."

If that doesn't work, contact support.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2105 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-09-13T18:27:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the suggestion Eric.

Yes, we have the XML Stage validating no problem. If we send a smaller dataset that does not generate an XML file larger than 128k it will validate it properly and abort the job on validation errors (what we want). The issue we have is when the output file is larger than 128k.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2105 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-09-13T18:42:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Sounds like a problem! Try contacting support and let us know what you find out.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          2105 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-31T01:51:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi
          I have the similar problem. When my query returns a big volume, I got the same error message from the Director Log, when I make my query to return small volume, I have no error.
          Have you got the solution yet?
          Thank you in advance!
          -Jane Liu