Topic
  • 13 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-02-21T16:19:28Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
895 Posts

Pinned topic Tabs Page

‏2007-09-13T14:51:51Z |

I'm trying to build a portlet with tab navigation using "Tabs Page" builder. In the first tab I need it to display the "view and form" builder page. In the "Tabs Page" builder under section "Pages to include" if I select the input page of the "View and Form" for the first tab it shows the view page outside the section of the tab but I need it to be inside the section of the tab. I'm attaching a screen-shot. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

-R
Updated on 2008-02-21T16:19:28Z at 2008-02-21T16:19:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts

Re: Tabs Page

‏2007-09-13T15:16:57Z  
    Take a look at the attached model. Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

Hope this helps,

Arllen
    Updated on 2007-09-13T15:16:57Z at 2007-09-13T15:16:57Z by arllen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    895 Posts

‏2007-09-13T16:25:16Z  
    • arllen
    • ‏2007-09-13T15:16:56Z
    Take a look at the attached model. Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

Hope this helps,

Arllen

Hi Arllen,

Thanks for you response. Would you be able to export the model as a 'WebSphere Portlet Factory Archive' and attach to your message.

Thanks,

-R
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts

‏2007-09-13T16:37:53Z  

Hi Arllen,

Thanks for you response. Would you be able to export the model as a 'WebSphere Portlet Factory Archive' and attach to your message.

Thanks,

-R
    Here is the exported model. Was the original model reporting any missing dependencies? I had originally posted the model only because all its dependencies ship with WPF 6.0.1. (Thus, I skipped these dependencies during this export in order to avoid conflicts with your installation.)

Arllen
    Updated on 2007-09-13T16:37:53Z at 2007-09-13T16:37:53Z by arllen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    895 Posts

‏2007-09-13T17:01:04Z  
    • arllen
    • ‏2007-09-13T16:37:53Z
    Here is the exported model. Was the original model reporting any missing dependencies? I had originally posted the model only because all its dependencies ship with WPF 6.0.1. (Thus, I skipped these dependencies during this export in order to avoid conflicts with your installation.)

Arllen

Hi Arllen,

I'm not able to import the 'WebSphere Portlet Factory Archive' into my project. I get the error 'Source file is not a valid zip file'

Thanks,

Rama.
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts

‏2007-09-13T17:08:14Z  

Hi Arllen,

I'm not able to import the 'WebSphere Portlet Factory Archive' into my project. I get the error 'Source file is not a valid zip file'

Thanks,

Rama.
    Not sure why you're having that problem ... I can import the .zip into my WPF. But you can work around that by taking the actual model (either from the .zip or from my previous posting that had the .model file) and copying it to your project's WEB-INF/models folder.

Arllen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    895 Posts

‏2007-09-13T17:14:33Z  
    • arllen
    • ‏2007-09-13T17:08:14Z
    Not sure why you're having that problem ... I can import the .zip into my WPF. But you can work around that by taking the actual model (either from the .zip or from my previous posting that had the .model file) and copying it to your project's WEB-INF/models folder.

Arllen

Yes this is closer to what I am looking for. The difference though is that my 'View and Form' builder includes a input page as well. While your model's dataVF 'view and form' builder has only a view page and not a input page.

In my model the input page shows in the tab section and the view page is displayed below the tab section as shown in the screen-shot attachment in my first post.

Thanks,

-R
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts

‏2007-09-13T17:32:05Z  

Yes this is closer to what I am looking for. The difference though is that my 'View and Form' builder includes a input page as well. While your model's dataVF 'view and form' builder has only a view page and not a input page.

In my model the input page shows in the tab section and the view page is displayed below the tab section as shown in the screen-shot attachment in my first post.

Thanks,

-R
    Take a look at the Associated Pages section. What you want to do is add all the pages that should show up in that tab to that section. For example, in your case, it sounds like you set the Page Tabs builder to look at the input page. To get the View page to show up in the tab, add it in the Associated Pages section, and set the tab to the tab you associated with the input page. I updated my model to show this (attached) -- just copy it to WEB-INF/models and let it overwrite the old version.

Arllen
    Updated on 2007-09-13T17:32:05Z at 2007-09-13T17:32:05Z by arllen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    895 Posts

‏2007-09-13T17:55:00Z  
    • arllen
    • ‏2007-09-13T17:32:04Z
    Take a look at the Associated Pages section. What you want to do is add all the pages that should show up in that tab to that section. For example, in your case, it sounds like you set the Page Tabs builder to look at the input page. To get the View page to show up in the tab, add it in the Associated Pages section, and set the tab to the tab you associated with the input page. I updated my model to show this (attached) -- just copy it to WEB-INF/models and let it overwrite the old version.

Arllen
    Thanks Arllen.

I see that in your model when the form is submitted the results are displayed and the form disappears but what I am trying to do is to have the form all time. To do so in the 'view and form' builder under the section 'input page options' -I'm checking 'Insert input form in view page'and then it wont display the way i want it.

-R
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts

‏2007-09-13T20:20:45Z  
    Thanks Arllen.

I see that in your model when the form is submitted the results are displayed and the form disappears but what I am trying to do is to have the form all time. To do so in the 'view and form' builder under the section 'input page options' -I'm checking 'Insert input form in view page'and then it wont display the way i want it.

-R
    I was able to reproduce your problem. It looks like this is a bug in the Page Tabs builder; I submitted a defect for it. I am researching a workaround ...

Regards,

Arllen
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts

‏2007-09-13T20:35:06Z  
    Thanks Arllen.

-R
    Take a look at the attached models. Unzip the .zip file into your models folder. The way I worked around the issue was to use the Model Container builder to get Page Tabs to handle the whole View and Form like it was a single page. Let me know if you have any questions.

Arllen
    Updated on 2007-09-13T20:35:06Z at 2007-09-13T20:35:06Z by arllen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    895 Posts

‏2007-09-13T21:30:30Z  
    • arllen
    • ‏2007-09-13T20:35:03Z
    Take a look at the attached models. Unzip the .zip file into your models folder. The way I worked around the issue was to use the Model Container builder to get Page Tabs to handle the whole View and Form like it was a single page. Let me know if you have any questions.

Arllen

Hi Arllen,

Thank you very much for your help. It works now.

I'm trying to develop a customer search application. I'm attaching a screen-shot of how I want my application to look like. The search form has a firstname and a lastname input text field. What I am trying to achieve is that if the user enters say letter R in the firstname field and will retrieve all the employee names where the first name starts with R. What is happening now with my model is that once I type R it displays the results but the focus from the firstname field is gone. I have to click in the firstname input field again to continue with further search such as trying R, RA, RAM, RAMA. I want to be able to continiously type after each results retrival. Do you have any ideas how to accomplish this?

Once again thanks a million for your help.

-R
    Updated on 2007-09-13T21:30:30Z at 2007-09-13T21:30:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • arllen
    arllen
    19 Posts

‏2007-09-13T21:59:28Z  

Hi Arllen,

Thank you very much for your help. It works now.

I'm trying to develop a customer search application. I'm attaching a screen-shot of how I want my application to look like. The search form has a firstname and a lastname input text field. What I am trying to achieve is that if the user enters say letter R in the firstname field and will retrieve all the employee names where the first name starts with R. What is happening now with my model is that once I type R it displays the results but the focus from the firstname field is gone. I have to click in the firstname input field again to continue with further search such as trying R, RA, RAM, RAMA. I want to be able to continiously type after each results retrival. Do you have any ideas how to accomplish this?

Once again thanks a million for your help.

-R
    Have you considered using the Ajax builders? I think there's one that lets you search incrementally, which kind of sounds like what you're looking for. Check out the sample at:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/portal/portletfactory/samples/ui.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    895 Posts

‏2008-02-21T16:19:28Z  
    • arllen
    • ‏2007-09-13T21:59:28Z
    Have you considered using the Ajax builders? I think there's one that lets you search incrementally, which kind of sounds like what you're looking for. Check out the sample at:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/portal/portletfactory/samples/ui.html
    Hi.

I'm just getting caught up on this issue thanks to the Bug Arllen wrote on it. Her solution to use Model Container does work, but it is more trouble than is probably necessary.

When using V&F with the "Insert Input Form into View Page" option set, is only to work with the View page and never target or reference the input page in any way. As you had it, the Input page contained the tab info, and then the view page contained the input page; so, of course, the View part of the View page was outside of the tabbed portion. Instead, just put the View Page in the tabs. Since it contains the input page, it will still show the input form. If you want to manage the behavior of the View portion before the first query has occurred, then you can use a Data Column Modifier and alter the "Settings to control behavior when the Table is empty."