Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-10T13:52:31Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
8614 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Registed User after log out cant log in .

‏2007-09-12T07:42:59Z |
Dear All,

I am new in WCS. I am having some problem on user log in.

After I successfully register a user, it auto log in for the 1st time and I click on log out. I try to log in to that account again. But I am unable to do so. And the error message appear top of it

You do not have the proper authority to log in. Contact the store for further information

Someone please give me some advise >.<... Thanks and have a nice day
Regards,
Sean
Updated on 2013-01-10T13:52:31Z at 2013-01-10T13:52:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • bpolka
    bpolka
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Registed User after log out cant log in .

‏2007-09-12T19:13:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am new in WCS. I am having some problem on user log
    > in.
    >
    > After I successfully register a user, it auto log in
    > for the 1st time and I click on log out. I try to log
    > in to that account again. But I am unable to do so.
    > And the error message appear top of it
    >
    > You do not have the proper authority to log in.
    > Contact the store for further information
    >
    > Someone please give me some advise >.<... Thanks and
    > have a nice day
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sean

Sean,

I am assuming you are on WC v6.0, but this is also true for v5.6 if I remember correctly. Usually this type of problem is a result of a missing entry in the MBRROLE table. If you run this SQL:

SELECT * FROM MBRROLE WHERE MEMBER_ID = (SELECT USERS_ID FROM USERREG WHERE LOGONID = '<logonId>');

You should return at least one value with a ROLE_ID=-29. If this doesn't get returned then I would guess that your MemberRegistrationAttributes.xml doesn't have the correct entries in it to add the correct member role upon registration. I have seen this happen a few times even with a straight out of the box installation so it isn't uncommon to see. To correct this, what you'll need to do is add the appropriate entries into the file. The infocenter has some information on this at:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v6r0m0/topic/com.ibm.commerce.developer.doc/refs/rmsxml.htm

For example, in my file I have something like this:

<!-- Applies to all models except supplier. -->
    <User registrationType="UserRegistration" memberAncestor="o=Default Organization,o=Root Organization" storeAncestor="o=Root Organization">
    <Role name="Registered Customer" roleContext="storeOwner" DN="o=Reseller Organization,o=Root Organization"/>
    <Role name="Registered Customer" roleContext="storeOwner" DN="o=Extended Sites Seller Organization,o=Root Organization"/>
    <Role name="Registered Customer" roleContext="storeOwner" DN="o=Seller Organization,o=Root Organization"/>
    <!-- Added Entry -->
    <Role name="Registered Customer" roleContext="storeOwner" DN="o=Default Organization,o=Root Organization"/>
    </User>

The added entry in the above snippet corrected the issue for us, but your DN might be different so be sure to get that from the ORGENTITY entry for your store. Hope this helps...

Brian Polka
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      8614 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-09-21T07:50:29Z  in response to bpolka
      Dear Brian,

Thanks man. I had solve the problem already by modified the DN properties in the MemberAttribute xml file. Thanks again and have a nice day :)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      8614 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-10T13:52:31Z  in response to bpolka
      Brian,
      Your solution helped me to fix the same problem for v7 in 2013 :)

Thank you.