I used tabindex="" to all the input component tags in the JSF page.
When I use tab to switch from one input component to another component, It's not functioning correctly.
In my JSF page, there were 10 input components.
I used tabindex="1" through tabindex="10".
When I use tab to switch from first through last, It's not going sequentially.
After 3 tab hits, It's coming back to first one and then going correctly.
I am giving the index numbers, how it goes....
Please suggest me, where i am going wrong?
Thanks for your help in advance.
NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.
6 replies Latest Post - 2012-06-15T13:38:25Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic tabindex is not functioning
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-06-15T13:38:25Z at 2012-06-15T13:38:25Z by SystemAdmin
yurykats 120000FMB92186 Posts
blruser 270005DMQ62 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: tabindex is not functioning2012-06-08T05:52:36Z in response to SystemAdminHi
I am also facing this problem for h:selectOneMenu component. I am working on jsf 1.2 and IE 6. I am unable to download the attached jsp with this thread.
Issue : when i tab through the screen then tab key is skipping the drop downs (h:selectOneMenu) component. tabindex is not working for drop downs.
Please help me to fix this issue. thanks in advance.
Re: tabindex is not functioning2012-06-15T13:38:25Z in response to blruserTry your page with a newer version of IE (IE8 or later) and in Firefox. If the problem is only occuring in IE 6, then it's a browser bug (since fixed by the browser vendor).
I suspect the issue is that the ajax implementation you are using is not explicitly destroying components that have a tab index set on them (it's relying on the browser to destroy them) and when components are added to the page that re-use the same tab index number, the browser is confused as to what to do (it has multiple things with the same tab index, some of which are no longer present). You can try using unique tab index numbers for everything that is added to the page via ajax (no duplication of tab index values).