• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-01-06T19:59:57Z by adip1
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2105 Posts

Pinned topic Install Datastage on Vista Ultimate

‏2007-08-24T17:37:12Z |
Dear Friends,
Will i be able to load datastage on Vista Ultimate OS? Can you please guide me as am new to datastage.

Thank you..
Updated on 2011-01-06T19:59:57Z at 2011-01-06T19:59:57Z by adip1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

Re: Install Datastage on Vista Ultimate

‏2007-08-25T02:25:00Z  
    No.

-craig
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

‏2007-08-25T04:38:56Z  
    No.

-craig
    Though the answer was not what i expected... :-( Thanks for your reply. So Datastage is not supported by any of the Vista OS?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

‏2007-08-25T05:13:47Z  
    Not for any of the 7.x versions or lower. No clue about 8, however, but still don't believe it supports any flavor of Vista.

-craig
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

‏2007-08-25T13:08:53Z  
    Not for any of the 7.x versions or lower. No clue about 8, however, but still don't believe it supports any flavor of Vista.

-craig

The 8.0.1 client runs on Windows Vista. The server runs on Windows Server 2003 SP1 as well as many version of UNIX.

Here is a link to the 8.0.1 system requirements.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27008923

Eric
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

‏2007-09-13T17:59:23Z  

The 8.0.1 client runs on Windows Vista. The server runs on Windows Server 2003 SP1 as well as many version of UNIX.

Here is a link to the 8.0.1 system requirements.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27008923

Eric
    Eric, Thank you for the information. Just to let you all here know that i did contact MS and got my DS 7.5 version installed in Vista Ultimate (both Client and Sever)... however playing around with it. I just realized that the Transformation stage is not working as required. I am gonna contact MS today with regard to this problem since i tried all i could but still i was not able to resolve. So, i putforth my question to you my friends, if anyone can let me know what is my problem that will be of great help.

When i try to use "DS transforms" or "DS functions" in the transformer stage, the popup window does not show up. Then i have to go to Task Manager and kill the Designer, but once the designer is killed the popup screen appears. It is really strange, but i have no answer to why is this happening.. Any insight on this from you friends will be really appreciated.

I kind of decided it is a compatible issue.. but if it is something else ????
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

‏2007-09-13T18:41:00Z  
    Eric, Thank you for the information. Just to let you all here know that i did contact MS and got my DS 7.5 version installed in Vista Ultimate (both Client and Sever)... however playing around with it. I just realized that the Transformation stage is not working as required. I am gonna contact MS today with regard to this problem since i tried all i could but still i was not able to resolve. So, i putforth my question to you my friends, if anyone can let me know what is my problem that will be of great help.

When i try to use "DS transforms" or "DS functions" in the transformer stage, the popup window does not show up. Then i have to go to Task Manager and kill the Designer, but once the designer is killed the popup screen appears. It is really strange, but i have no answer to why is this happening.. Any insight on this from you friends will be really appreciated.

If you also installed the server on Vista, that sounds like an unsupported configuration.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

‏2007-10-29T20:34:16Z  

I ran into similar issue, any solution yet for this probelm?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2105 Posts

‏2007-10-29T20:46:19Z  
    I ran into similar issue, any solution yet for this probelm?

My interpretation from the readme is that server is unsupported on Vista. If that's the case, I don't think support would consider it to be a problem. They might suggest you install it on a supported platform instead, but you could contact support directly to find out.
  • adip1
    adip1
    1 Post

‏2011-01-06T19:59:57Z  

Hi..
    I'm having the same problem...Have you found a solution to it ???
    thankyou