Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-27T21:04:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
10114 Posts

Pinned topic Happy Anniversary developerWorks!

‏2007-08-24T13:38:57Z |

I thought I'd mention something that might otherwise go unnoticed. Specifically, it was two years ago tonight that Sony, Toshiba, and IBM released the documentation on Cell... an event for which we at IBM created the Cell/B.E. Resource Center on developerWorks and this forum. In those two years, this site has grown to feature a series of SDK releases, a broad variety of articles, even more documentation... and a lively, active, and helpful forum. Most importantly, [u]you[/u] have made the site and this forum a central place for anyone and everyone interested in open software development on Cell. For that, we say [b]THANK YOU![/b]

[b]Happy Anniversary![/b]
Updated on 2012-08-27T21:04:02Z at 2012-08-27T21:04:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10114 Posts

Re: Happy Anniversary developerWorks!

‏2008-08-24T14:18:53Z  
    Happy Third Anniversary!
  • IBMDanielG
    IBMDanielG
    6 Posts

‏2009-08-24T00:50:43Z  
    When I worked at IBM, I started this thread because... well... I and a bunch of others started the Cell/B.E. Resource Center and, with it, this forum. So please forgive the self-congratulation.

Happy 4th Anniversary!
  • IBMDanielG
    IBMDanielG
    6 Posts

‏2010-08-24T19:29:31Z  
    When I worked at IBM, I started this thread because... well... I and a bunch of others started the Cell/B.E. Resource Center and, with it, this forum. So please forgive the self-congratulation.

Happy 4th Anniversary!
    Happy 5th Anniversary!
  • IBMDanielG
    IBMDanielG
    6 Posts

‏2010-08-24T19:31:38Z  

Happy 4th Anniversary!
    Although I don't do anything Cell any more, this site -- this forum -- still holds a special place for me.

Happy 5th Anniversary!
  • IBMDanielG
    IBMDanielG
    6 Posts

‏2010-08-24T19:32:56Z  
    Although I don't do anything Cell any more, this site -- this forum -- still holds a special place for me.

Happy 5th Anniversary!
  • IBMDanielG
    IBMDanielG
    6 Posts

‏2011-08-24T00:47:44Z  
    Happy Sixth Anniversary! Amazing to me that this community is still so active -- y'all get a pat on the back!
  • IBMDanielG
    IBMDanielG
    6 Posts

‏2012-08-24T19:56:13Z  
    Happy Sixth Anniversary! Amazing to me that this community is still so active -- y'all get a pat on the back!
    So... for probably the last time... Happy Anniversary to this forum. Launched August 24, 2005, this was where Cell documentation was disclosed for the first time. It quickly became the second most popular area on DeveloperWorks (after WebSphere) and later became the most efficient (and official) means for supporting Cell development.

But all things come to an end. I moved on 3.5 years ago, for instance, as has just about everyone. I doubt anyone who was "there" then will see this post (except maybe Dan B -- hi Dan!).

It was a good ride!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10114 Posts

‏2012-08-27T21:04:02Z  
    So... for probably the last time... Happy Anniversary to this forum. Launched August 24, 2005, this was where Cell documentation was disclosed for the first time. It quickly became the second most popular area on DeveloperWorks (after WebSphere) and later became the most efficient (and official) means for supporting Cell development.

But all things come to an end. I moved on 3.5 years ago, for instance, as has just about everyone. I doubt anyone who was "there" then will see this post (except maybe Dan B -- hi Dan!).

It was a good ride!
    Dan B. actually left IBM a couple of months ago.. one of the many ...

.bri.