• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-10T07:42:55Z by BobAtIBM
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
14225 Posts

Pinned topic How to disable the enhanced EAR file functionality

‏2007-07-31T11:54:29Z |
Hello,

I'm working with RSA v7.0.0.2 and developing WAS-J2EE-Applications.
I have noticed that there is a new functionality concerning the EAR file (Deployment Tab in editor). When i click the Deployment Tab in the EAR-Editor a new folder "ibmconfig" is created under the EAR-Project. I don't want this functionality, because it isn't usefull for our productive deployment.

Is there a way to disable the enhanced EAR-file functionality completly in RSA v7?

Thanks for help.
Best regards amgis
Updated on 2012-06-07T12:42:36Z at 2012-06-07T12:42:36Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Re: How to disable the enhanced EAR file functionality

‏2012-06-06T14:11:13Z  
    Same question but now for RAD 8.0.4 ?

Just removing the ibmconfig folder won't help. If a new build is performed, the directory with contents is re-created. I want it gone, for ever.

Anyone ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-06-06T17:36:30Z  

Just removing the ibmconfig folder won't help. If a new build is performed, the directory with contents is re-created. I want it gone, for ever.

Anyone ?
    Hi,

There is no option to disable the Enhanced EAR. Removing the ibmconfig folder should be enough to clean it up but it sounds like you may have a JDBC connection configured on your project. i.e. RMC on the project, Properties > JDBC Connections. If there is a configuration, then the ibmconfig directory will be regenerated as you've noticed. To prevent regeneration, you will have to remove the connection by clicking the "Remove" button on the the JDBC Connections page. Note, if you have a web project, this action will also remove the corresponding resource reference that's in your web.xml file (you will have to configure it manually if you still need it).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-06-07T12:42:36Z  
    Hi,

There is no option to disable the Enhanced EAR. Removing the ibmconfig folder should be enough to clean it up but it sounds like you may have a JDBC connection configured on your project. i.e. RMC on the project, Properties > JDBC Connections. If there is a configuration, then the ibmconfig directory will be regenerated as you've noticed. To prevent regeneration, you will have to remove the connection by clicking the "Remove" button on the the JDBC Connections page. Note, if you have a web project, this action will also remove the corresponding resource reference that's in your web.xml file (you will have to configure it manually if you still need it).
    Hi Ktsao,

There was indeed some security role mapping so it is correct that for one project the ibmconfig folder with all artefacts was generated again. In other EAR's where there is no extra configurations the folder is not generated after i removed it.

So, it works as it should. Let me say that too that if that happens :-)

Thanks.
  • BobAtIBM
    BobAtIBM
    1 Post

‏2013-12-10T07:42:55Z  

Anyone ?

There is no way to disable this functionality (apart from deleting the generated files).

But, this functionality is only enabled if you click on the 'Deployment' tab in the EAR deployment descriptor... so don't click on it if you don't want this function :) If you do click on it, then you can just delete the ibmconfig directory in the EAR.