carloseduardo.unix
carloseduardo.unix
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Install Linux on NIM with AIX server

‏2007-07-25T15:07:34Z |
In inglish
ih!

I have the nim installed in the AIX-5.3 and i need install my linux (suse 10 and RHEL4)in lpp_aix or spot_aix resource .

Look nimol is AIX in Linux nim server!! I nedd Linux in AIX nim server
the os_install is not functional. when i insert the media DVD with SUSE 10 the nim ask for the (cd) media. i can insert the media(DVD) 1 and 2 , but the nim ask the media (CD3). Any install the Linux in AIX nim server???

Sorry my bad english i'm brazilian

In Portuguese

EU tenho o nim instalado no AIX-5.3 e preciso instalar mey linux suse 10 e o RHEL4) no spot ou lpp_aix resource.
Veja não seria o NIMOL pois o NIMOL é o AIX sendo instalado no LINUX NIM server o que quero fazer é o contrário.

O os_install não está funcional pois quando inserimos a media de DVD ele segue sem problemas , mas durante a instalação ele pede o cd3 ! Sendo que a media do SUSE são apenas 2 DVDs.

Alguém ja instalou o Linux dentro do Nim server com AIX-5.3 ??

Grato Eddy
Updated on 2012-02-20T06:49:30Z at 2012-02-20T06:49:30Z by anuvdas
  • tommy_todd
    tommy_todd
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Install Linux on NIM with AIX server

‏2007-10-16T22:28:42Z  in response to carloseduardo.unix
    It is possible to use a NIM Server to install Linux. 1) copy the inst64 (SLES) or the netboot.img (RedHat) in the tftpboot directory. Add a line to /etc/booptab to call the file in tftpboot. make sure that the directory thagt holds the Linux images is exported to the network.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      706 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-01-30T10:31:51Z  in response to tommy_todd
      Could you please give more details about the steps you described? as the syntax to use in /etc/bootptab...

I installed the OS_install to create a linux_source in nim but i always have an error ...

:-(

tx
    • anuvdas
      anuvdas
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-20T06:49:30Z  in response to tommy_todd
      Can you please send me the steps ? I tried it but i am getting error when i try to mount "The directory couldnot be mounted from the server".

I also tried the same mount on different linux and AIX machines in the same network and i am able to mount.It is not working with netboot image (ppc64.img)

I followed the steps in the below link...

http://newpush.com/2009/11/installing-rhel-from-an-aix-nim-master/