• Latest Post - ‏2012-02-20T06:49:30Z by anuvdas
carloseduardo.unix
carloseduardo.unix
1 Post

Pinned topic Install Linux on NIM with AIX server

‏2007-07-25T15:07:34Z |
In inglish
ih!

I have the nim installed in the AIX-5.3 and i need install my linux (suse 10 and RHEL4)in lpp_aix or spot_aix resource .

Look nimol is AIX in Linux nim server!! I nedd Linux in AIX nim server
the os_install is not functional. when i insert the media DVD with SUSE 10 the nim ask for the (cd) media. i can insert the media(DVD) 1 and 2 , but the nim ask the media (CD3). Any install the Linux in AIX nim server???

Sorry my bad english i'm brazilian

In Portuguese

EU tenho o nim instalado no AIX-5.3 e preciso instalar mey linux suse 10 e o RHEL4) no spot ou lpp_aix resource.
Veja não seria o NIMOL pois o NIMOL é o AIX sendo instalado no LINUX NIM server o que quero fazer é o contrário.

O os_install não está funcional pois quando inserimos a media de DVD ele segue sem problemas , mas durante a instalação ele pede o cd3 ! Sendo que a media do SUSE são apenas 2 DVDs.

Alguém ja instalou o Linux dentro do Nim server com AIX-5.3 ??

Grato Eddy
Updated on 2012-02-20T06:49:30Z at 2012-02-20T06:49:30Z by anuvdas
  • tommy_todd
    tommy_todd
    1 Post

Re: Install Linux on NIM with AIX server

‏2007-10-16T22:28:42Z  
    It is possible to use a NIM Server to install Linux. 1) copy the inst64 (SLES) or the netboot.img (RedHat) in the tftpboot directory. Add a line to /etc/booptab to call the file in tftpboot. make sure that the directory thagt holds the Linux images is exported to the network.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    706 Posts

‏2008-01-30T10:31:51Z  
    It is possible to use a NIM Server to install Linux. 1) copy the inst64 (SLES) or the netboot.img (RedHat) in the tftpboot directory. Add a line to /etc/booptab to call the file in tftpboot. make sure that the directory thagt holds the Linux images is exported to the network.
    Could you please give more details about the steps you described? as the syntax to use in /etc/bootptab...

I installed the OS_install to create a linux_source in nim but i always have an error ...

:-(

tx
  • anuvdas
    anuvdas
    1 Post

‏2012-02-20T06:49:30Z  
    Can you please send me the steps ? I tried it but i am getting error when i try to mount "The directory couldnot be mounted from the server".

I also tried the same mount on different linux and AIX machines in the same network and i am able to mount.It is not working with netboot image (ppc64.img)

I followed the steps in the below link...

http://newpush.com/2009/11/installing-rhel-from-an-aix-nim-master/