Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-07-07T12:23:00Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
533 Posts

Pinned topic Couldn't generate reports

‏2007-07-23T20:44:51Z |
I'm using version 8.0. I created a QS job: source file -> copy -> investigat -> target file. It's compiled and ran with no problem. I can even use the View Data on the target file to view the result. When I tried to creat a report through the information server web console and ran it. I got message like this: "Error! No data available or invalid data collection parameter". Can someone please shed some lights on this? What could go wrong? I followed the IBM's manually closely when created the report in web console. I suspected it has something to do with some sort of set-ups...
Updated on 2008-07-07T12:23:00Z at 2008-07-07T12:23:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts

Re: Couldn't generate reports

‏2007-08-08T23:00:46Z  
    Do IBM people really check out what's discussed in the forum? -- Just frustrated... lots of viewers, but no reply at all...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts

‏2008-04-07T19:40:46Z  
    Hi David. Could you find a solution for this problem? I have the same problem when run a report. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regard
  • Ray.Wurlod
    Ray.Wurlod
    18 Posts

‏2008-06-06T02:56:29Z  
    Do IBM people really check out what's discussed in the forum? -- Just frustrated... lots of viewers, but no reply at all...
    Stewart Hanna, who posts here often, is IBM's worldwide head of QualityStage. You can't ask for better than that. If he has something to contribute he will.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts

‏2008-07-07T12:23:00Z  
    Hopefully this will help.

Users have to follow the following steps in order to generate the reports:

1) Within the Target Seq File Stage of your job, the "First Line is Column Names" property must be set to "True".
    2) For Column frequency report and Frequency pattern report, there must be 5 columns and their names must be:
    qsInvColumnName, qsInvPattern, qsInvSample, qsInvCount, qsInvPercent
    3) For Frequency word report, there must be 3 columns and their names must be:
    qsInvCount, qsInvWord, qsInvClassCode
    4) Within the Target Seq File Stage of your job, Under Format -> Field defaults, "Delimter" field must be set to "comma", and "Quote" field must be set to "double".

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Regards

Stewart