Here an overview on material around the CC integration:
RMC Online Help:
Book: Using version control system
RMC pre-7.1 Version Control Kit
EPF Composer Version Control overview
Please, let us know if you find errors or omissions as well as your suggestions for improvement.
NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.
8 replies Latest Post - 2013-01-02T21:07:44Z by BruceMacIsaac
Pinned topic [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-01-02T21:07:44Z at 2013-01-02T21:07:44Z by BruceMacIsaac
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK1193 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer2007-12-03T19:19:47Z in response to Peter_HaumerI need to know if the information in the above referenced toolkit, particular the Appendix, "Based on Your Actions, What Files Change" still holds. (Given it is pre 7.1 and my company will be using 7.2 with clearcase integration.)
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK1193 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer2008-10-02T00:28:28Z in response to Peter_HaumerHi,
I am running into some stubming blocks following these steps in the EPF Composer Version Control overview
I completed step 2 by:
- Created new C:\Documents and Settings\glagron\glagron_Costco_Unified_Process_3.x_int\CUP_Source\RMC\libraries\library.72
I completed steps 2.1 by:
- Expanded the library.72.zip into it
- Version controlled ONLY library.xmi
- Launched RMC via this shortcut "C:\Program Files\IBM\RMC72\rmc\rmc.exe" -data "C:\Documents and Settings\glagron\glagron_Costco_Unified_Process_3.x_int\CUP_Source\RMC\libraries\library.72" to point to the new workspace
- Launching EPF into that workspace did not create the .project file per step 2.4
- File / Open Library from workspace does not populate RMC as expected. Only opening C:\Program Files\IBM\RMC72\rmc\library.72 populates RMC, but again that defeats the whole purpose of step 2.1
- EPF & RMC is being used interchangeably in the document, are they the same? I am on IBM Rational Method Composer Version: 7.2.0 & ClearCase SCM Adapter 3.0
Please advise as to the necessary corrective steps so far.
Re: [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer2008-10-07T02:48:50Z in response to SystemAdminHello Guidlain.
The EPF Composer document does not deal with workspace libraries as this is an RMC-only feature. Please, check out the RMC online help instead. The section explaining workspaces can be found here in the online help here: Rational Method Composer > Creating reusable method content > Workspace method libraries
You should follow the steps in Converting a single-project method library to a workspace method library. Follow the steps in the way that you
- create your own workspace directory in your home directory (not a CC view)
- start RMC with -data pointing to that directory
- follow the steps in the online help (open lib from workspace; import RUP from its location in the install directory)
- once RUP has been imported in your workspace it will appear in your library view
- now you can import or create your own plug-ins (that extend RUP)
- only for those plugins and method configuration projects that you own do a right-click and select Show in Resource Navigator. In the navigator right-click the package and select Team -> Share Project to place these plug-ins under CC control.
Hope this help,
Re: [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer2008-12-18T00:33:15Z in response to Peter_HaumerA 48 min. demo video for "How to get started using ClearCase and RMC" is now available here: http://blog.haumer.net/rational-method-composer/113
Ankit_Shah 2700019DJ61 PostACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer2009-01-21T21:05:41Z in response to Peter_HaumerI saw the following on RMC 7.5 help:
Rational Method Composer should not be used with the following versions of Rational ClearCase because files in the method library cannot be easily merged.
So I cannot use RMC 7.5 with CC UCM? Any one knows why is this restriction. Is this restriction due to Binary File merge? Are there Binary Files in RMC?
Re: [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer2009-01-23T03:51:10Z in response to Ankit_ShahYes, the reason is that RMC does not support merging files at all. UCM, however relies on merging capabilities. We therefore recommend to use Base ClearCase and using reserved check-outs only. Hope this helps, Peter.
BruceMacIsaac 120000D6HD65 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: [FAQ] How to find information about using IBM Rational ClearCase with Rational Method Composer2013-01-02T21:07:44Z in response to Peter_HaumerThe latest information on using RMC with version control systems can be found here: