Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2007-07-10T16:39:12Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4447 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic JMS Error doing JNDI look up for Queue for Sun Application Server v9

‏2007-07-10T10:23:54Z |
Hi

I have written simple program to connect to JMS service runing locally on Sun Server V9

The sample JNDI code is provided here

Properties prop = new Properties();
prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory");
prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"iiop://localhost:7676/");

jndiContext = new InitialContext(prop);

While I am doing JNDI look up for queue , I am getting following exception

Jul 10, 2007 3:50:42 PM com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.giopmsgheaders.MessageBase readGIOPHeader
WARNING: "IOP00710220: (INTERNAL) Error in GIOP magic"
org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: vmcid: SUN minor code: 220 completed: Maybe
at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.giopMagicError(ORBUtilSystemException.java:4095)
at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.giopMagicError(ORBUtilSystemException.java:4109)
at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.giopmsgheaders.MessageBase.readGIOPHeader(MessageBase.java:156)
at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.CorbaContactInfoBase.createMessageMediator(CorbaContactInfoBase.java:150)
at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.readBits(SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:314)
at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.handleEvent(SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:1098)
at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SelectorImpl.run(SelectorImpl.java:282)

Could not create JNDI API context: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Cannot connect to ORB Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 208 completed: Maybe
Updated on 2007-07-10T16:39:12Z at 2007-07-10T16:39:12Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4447 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JMS Error doing JNDI look up for Queue for Sun Application Server v9

‏2007-07-10T14:03:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I assume that you've already verified that the JMS server has been properly started. The "Cannot connect to ORB" is a fairly generic error within the SunOne App Server and can occur under numerous scenarios. Here's a link to the official Troubleshooting Guide that should be very useful: http://192.18.109.11/817-2161-10/817-2161-10.pdf
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      4447 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: JMS Error doing JNDI look up for Queue for Sun Application Server v9

‏2007-07-10T16:39:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Govind

Thank you for your reply. Couple of clarification from my side.

The server I am using is Sun Java System Application Server V9. As you suggested I checked that JMS is running . I cheked that from console it self.

I have done lot of research on this error and I think root cause that some jar file or enviornment related . But still not got through the problem.

Please let me know if you need additional information on the error.