Topic
  • 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-03-21T14:23:11Z by kevintap
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
532 Posts

Pinned topic Guidance in usage of EJBCall builder

‏2007-07-10T04:02:37Z |
Hi I am very much new to WPF ,working in a WPF project for last 2 months.
I have few concerns regarding implementation of the EJBCall builder.Is there any tutorials/samples/ or examples availabale to any body.Any help will be highly appreciated.
Updated on 2011-03-21T14:23:11Z at 2011-03-21T14:23:11Z by kevintap
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

Re: Guidance in usage of EJBCall builder

‏2007-07-10T12:05:32Z  
    Hi,
    I am not aware of any samples yet for EJB Call, but if you have a specific question, I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

What EJB Call functionality would you like included in an EJB Call sample?

• Tom
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2007-07-10T12:55:48Z  
    Hi,
    I am not aware of any samples yet for EJB Call, but if you have a specific question, I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

• Tom
    Hi,

These are topics in which i need a little guidance....
    1>In the EJB call builder how the EJB call field gets populated(currently its showing no value though I have deployed a EJB in the application server)?
    2>What we need to fill in the "Constructor" section?
    3>How is the return type of the EJB call handled?
    etc ...
    If someone can guide me with these steps that will be very helpful I guess!!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2007-07-10T15:04:41Z  
    Hi,

These are topics in which i need a little guidance....
    1>In the EJB call builder how the EJB call field gets populated(currently its showing no value though I have deployed a EJB in the application server)?
    2>What we need to fill in the "Constructor" section?
    3>How is the return type of the EJB call handled?
    etc ...
    If someone can guide me with these steps that will be very helpful I guess!!
    Hi.

The online help for the EJB Call Builder has some of the info for which you are looking and other info that you will need, but in a nutshell, here are answers to your specific questions:

1) The EJB Call relies on the EJB JAR to be in the project's WEB-INF/work/lib
    directory. Any remote EJBs in that JAR will be listed in the EJB Call's EJB to
    Call input's drop-down list.

2) Once you choose an EJB to call, you will be able to specify either a "create()"
    method or a "finder" (findAll(), etc.) method. You can then generate the
    constructor code automatically by pressing the "Generate" button.

3) The EJB Call Builder adds an instance of the EJB to the Web app. You can then
    call methods on that Java object and the returned objects from those methods
    will be available for you to use in your Web app. For example, if you had an
    EJB call to a Session Bean, you might call a findAll() method on it that
    returns a collection of EJBs. You could then display the data from those EJBs
    using the Bean Master Detail Builder.

At design time, the EJB JAR needs to be in the work/lib directory. At runtime,
    the EJB JAR needs to be available to the Web app. So, it could either remain in
    the Web app's work/lib directory or be accessed from the server's class loader
    if it were put in (for example) the <WebSphere>/AppServer/lib/ext directory.

Let us know if you need more info,
    Tom
  • Bikas-Rout
    Bikas-Rout
    1 Post

Re: Guidance in usage of EJBCall builder(Still problem persists)

‏2007-07-11T09:06:31Z  
    Hi,

• Tom
    Hi Tom This is Bikas from India. We have the EJBClient Jar in WEB-INF/work/lib. And other Jars in WEB-INF/lib. I had added the jar in Build Path. Still in the 'EJB to call' dropdown list no EJB is coming. One more thing both the EJB and WPF application are runing in same WebSphere Application Server.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

Re: Guidance in usage of EJBCall builder(Still problem persists)

‏2007-07-11T20:50:54Z  
    Hi Tom This is Bikas from India. We have the EJBClient Jar in WEB-INF/work/lib. And other Jars in WEB-INF/lib. I had added the jar in Build Path. Still in the 'EJB to call' dropdown list no EJB is coming. One more thing both the EJB and WPF application are runing in same WebSphere Application Server.
    Hi, Bikas.

Try taking the JAR from the deployed EJB and putting that in your project's
    WEB-INF/work/lib directory. For whatever reason, the EJB Client JAR does not have
    all the info the EJB Call builder needs.

• Tom
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2007-09-11T08:36:02Z  
    I have a related problem: I copy the EJB JAR into WEB-INF/work/classes and WEB-INF/lib directories. Next, I add an EJB call builder and my EJB appears in the EJB to call drop-down list. So far, so good. Now when I select the EJB from the drop-down list, I get an (pop-up) error message:
    code
    Coordinator
    Error: 3 : Problems encountered loading EJB class.

Plug-in Provider: IBM
    Plug-in Name: WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer UI
    Plug-in ID: com.bowstreet.designer.ui
    Version: 6.0.1
    [/code]

I'm using Portlet Factory version 6.0.1.1
  • mburati
    mburati
    43 Posts

‏2007-09-11T13:30:13Z  
    I have a related problem: I copy the EJB JAR into WEB-INF/work/classes and WEB-INF/lib directories. Next, I add an EJB call builder and my EJB appears in the EJB to call drop-down list. So far, so good. Now when I select the EJB from the drop-down list, I get an (pop-up) error message:
    code
    Coordinator

Version: 6.0.1
    [/code]

I'm using Portlet Factory version 6.0.1.1
    First of all, I would suggest putting jars in WEB-INF/work/lib if you need them in the dynamic load classpath, and not under WEB-INF/work/classes where raw (not jar'd) classes should go.

In Java, a class may fail to load because of issues locating other classes that the class you're trying to load references.

If you're running straight Eclipse (eg, as opposed to RAD), you could try to start eclipse with -debug -console instead of using the default shortcut, and that should bring up a console debug window where you may get more error information (eg, stack traces) on such errors. You could also check out the log files
    (eg, C:\eclipse\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.bowstreet.designer.core\logs )
    to see if there is additional error information about that class loading failure.

..mb1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2008-08-21T08:21:36Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2007-09-11T13:30:13Z
    First of all, I would suggest putting jars in WEB-INF/work/lib if you need them in the dynamic load classpath, and not under WEB-INF/work/classes where raw (not jar'd) classes should go.

In Java, a class may fail to load because of issues locating other classes that the class you're trying to load references.

If you're running straight Eclipse (eg, as opposed to RAD), you could try to start eclipse with -debug -console instead of using the default shortcut, and that should bring up a console debug window where you may get more error information (eg, stack traces) on such errors. You could also check out the log files
    to see if there is additional error information about that class loading failure.

..mb1
    Hi tom

I have a problem with Ejb Call Builder.
    I have put JNDI URL as corbaloc:iiop:localhost:10031 then this is working proper and No error.
    But when i try to read this Url from property file then got error
    Javax.naming.ConfigurationException:
    Malformed provider URL: ${Variables/LocaleData/Data/PortNumber}]
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.parseBootstrapURL(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1472)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getInitialContextInternal(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:380)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContext(WsnInitCtx.java:113)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContextIfNull(WsnInitCtx.java:428)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:144)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java(Compiled Code))
    at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.EJBCallMethods.homeConstructor(EJBCallMethods.java:107)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.actions.MethodAction.callAction(MethodAction.java:89)
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppAccessImpl.callMethod(WebAppAccessImpl.java:347)
    at genjava._ReferenceListAdminApp.ejbcallHomeConstructor(_ReferenceListAdminApp.java:255)

Here on LocaleData/Data/PortNumber is same URL(means corbaloc:iiop:localhost:10031)in property file.
    . Can u tell me how to resolve this problem .
    thanx
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2011-01-12T23:02:54Z  
    Has anybody had any success using the EJB Call Builder ? I have tried putting the EJB Client jars at 1) WEB-INF\classes 2) WEB-INF\lib and 3) WEB-INF\work\lib. Still the EJB Call Builders does not show the list of EJB's in the drop down box.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2011-01-14T18:44:02Z  
    Has anybody had any success using the EJB Call Builder ? I have tried putting the EJB Client jars at 1) WEB-INF\classes 2) WEB-INF\lib and 3) WEB-INF\work\lib. Still the EJB Call Builders does not show the list of EJB's in the drop down box.
    Putting jars in WEB-INF/work/lib as opposed to WEB-INF/work/classes resolves the following:-

Coordinator

Thanks mburati.
  • ajay_01004
    ajay_01004
    1 Post

‏2011-03-21T06:39:44Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2007-09-11T13:30:13Z

..mb1
    HI All,
    I am using WPF7.0. i have to call EJB3.x from my Provider model. I am using EJB Call builder to call EJB. I have copied ejb client jar file under work/lib folder and set the class path.

I am not getting the ejb name under "EJB to call" dropdown. As per my understanding since EJB3.0 dont have provision of ejb-jar.xml. thats why it is not reflecting in drop down.

when i create ejb client jar file from EJB2.x then it is working fine and ejb name is reflecting under drop down.

please suggest me how to proceed with EJB3.0 and "EJB Call" builder.

quick response is much appriciated.

Regards
    Ajay
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    41 Posts

‏2011-03-21T14:23:11Z  
    HI All,
    I am using WPF7.0. i have to call EJB3.x from my Provider model. I am using EJB Call builder to call EJB. I have copied ejb client jar file under work/lib folder and set the class path.

I am not getting the ejb name under "EJB to call" dropdown. As per my understanding since EJB3.0 dont have provision of ejb-jar.xml. thats why it is not reflecting in drop down.

when i create ejb client jar file from EJB2.x then it is working fine and ejb name is reflecting under drop down.

please suggest me how to proceed with EJB3.0 and "EJB Call" builder.

quick response is much appriciated.

Regards
    Ajay
    The EJB to Call input is an editable dropdown. In cases where the names of the EJBs cannot be parsed from ejb-jar.xml, you can manually enter the name of the EJB in this builder input.