21 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-01-04T14:12:26Z by tomba
Pat_OC
Pat_OC
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic V7.0.1 installation/transition issues

‏2007-06-28T21:39:45Z |
Hello Functional and GUI Testing community:

At the IBM Rational Software Development Conference 2007, we announced the new IBM Rational Software Development Platform - Team version 7.0.1 (http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/21688.wss). This release includes Rational Robot.

See the V7.0.1 download document for the complete details (http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rcss=rtldwrb&uid=swg24016212).

We are initiating this thread to be a home for issues relating to V7.0.1. Items relating to installation and transition are most appropriate. If you have questions or answers, concerns, ideas, or relevant experience in moving forward with this release, please post your thoughts here.

Please consider modifying the subject to best fit your specific message.
Thank you,
- Pat

Patrick W. O'Connor
eSupport Project Manager
Rational Client Support
IBM Rational Software
001-978-843-7290 | patocon@us.ibm.com | http://ibm.com/rational/support/
Updated on 2012-01-04T14:12:26Z at 2012-01-04T14:12:26Z by tomba
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: V7.0.1 installation/transition issues

‏2007-08-13T19:50:34Z  in response to Pat_OC
    Hello all,

We have just upgraded to Robot v7.0.1 and I seem to be running into an error pretty frequently when running scripts.

Can anyone tell me what "Runtime Error '6' Module (script name), Line 3. Overflow" means and how I can resolve the issue without having to restart robot every time.

Thank you
    Rebecca Shaffer
  • waiming
    waiming
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-10-01T20:38:11Z  in response to Pat_OC
    Hi, I am attempting install Rational Functional Tester 7, but it is failing. I get a warning message that says I already have Agent Controller installed. I continue anyways and the installation fails. I cannot "uncheck" Agent Controller as it is part of the mandatory install. Is there any workarounds?
    My agent controller seems to work with all my other Rational products, so I am reluctant to un-install my current Agent Controller.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-10-17T21:39:12Z  in response to Pat_OC
    Hi
    I am trying to Install rationa robot/RFT on Windows XP HOME edition but I am getting error while install:
    Even MDAC and Odbc install still gives same error.
    Error: screen attached.
    Does Windows XP home edition allows to install.
    Updated on 2007-10-17T21:39:12Z at 2007-10-17T21:39:12Z by SystemAdmin
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      16729 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-11-05T12:25:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

download this utility from Microsoft web site. The last version is 2.8

Jiri
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-10-23T08:52:56Z  in response to Pat_OC
    Hi,

I have a very serious problem concerning new feature that came with versioon 7.0.1

When I have an exception in my script I get a popup that offeres me an assistance in solving the problem. HOW TO TURN OFF THIS FEATURE? I have all of my scripts implemented using the waitForExistance methods.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      16729 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-10-23T18:52:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      We had this same problem to start.

That popup is controlled by the "interactive mode" setting on page 2 of the script launch wizard. If you don't normally see the script launch wizard when you run a script, you can turn it on in Preferences->Functional Test->Playback->Logging. Then when you launch a script and hit next on the "Select Log" screen, you'll see the "Perform playback in interactive mode" check box.

If you never want to run in interactive mode, you should be able to use this line in a script (or superscript's onInitialize()):
      OptionManager.set("rt.interactive", new Boolean(false));

That should have the same effect (at least it is for us).

What a pain, though. There should really be an overall preference on a per-workspace level that allows for turning this "feature" off.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      16729 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-11-05T12:29:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

simply uncheck condition "Perform playback in interactive mode (form "Specify playback options") before you start playback of the test script - see attachment

Jiri
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-02-21T21:05:13Z  in response to Pat_OC
    We are testing out Robot 7.0.1-iFIX01 with IE7 before upgrading and are running into a problem with combolistboxes.
    When using IE6, Robot records a combolistbox as:

ComboBox Click, "Name=offerIDValue", ""
    ComboListBox Click, "Name=offerIDValue", "Text=Order instant reprints"

yet, when using IE7 it records it as:
    ComboBox Click, "Name=offerIDValue", ""
    ComboListBox Click, "Name=Make your selection here", "Index=2"

The fact that the new script in IE 7 runs is great but for regression purposes going forward, this does not help us.

Is there anyway to have robot recognize the text within the box itself and not the index #.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rebecca
  • carolinecheng
    carolinecheng
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-04-15T03:02:41Z  in response to Pat_OC
    I am using Rational robot v7.0.1+fix1 on Window XP,chosed Testmanager Mode for Robot,using the project(datastore)created for Rational robot V2003.06.14.
    The cases now can run smoothly,but when I want to run a case at the second time,I must all close Testmanager,not just close the case result in testmanager.Or,Robot will index the case was locked.In prvious version,case can be run anytimes,just need to close the result in testmanager,not all testmanager.

How can I run cases more than once without all close testmanager?

thanks
    Updated on 2008-04-15T03:02:41Z at 2008-04-15T03:02:41Z by carolinecheng
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-04-14T19:12:31Z  in response to Pat_OC
    Hi,

I'm having some serious trouble with Verification Points in scripts that have been converted from RFT 6.1 to RFT 7.0. I've been able to reproduce consistently, the behavior detailed below:

1. Run a script that contains at least one Verification Point.

2. After running the script successfully, try re-running it. The RFT no longer recognizes the first object referred to in the script (or any others) and the script fails.

3. At this point, I am unable to run any other scripts in my solution; until ....

4. If I shut down RFT and delete the contents of the bin folder, I can re-open my solution and run scripts until I run one that utilizes a VP. At this point this script with the VP finishes and I can longer run anything else until I shut down and clear out the bin folder again.

We've tried re-installing RFT and have obtained the same results. We use many verification points, so commenting them out is not an option. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We're testing a desktop application written in .NET (vs2005) using RFT 7.0.0.61236 on Windows XP.

Thanks very much!

Message was edited by: EYQAGuy
    Updated on 2008-04-14T19:12:31Z at 2008-04-14T19:12:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-06-09T02:36:38Z  in response to Pat_OC
    Hi All,
    I am new to RFT.
    After installinig/transition to RFT 7, we are getting this exception. Please advice.
    This happens when trying to run a test case.. It is unable to read the config file in installation directory.

08:49:18:093 PM 2224 5248 Wrn rational_ft Cleaning up MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
    08:49:18:171 PM 2224 5248 Err xml Exception parsing XML file
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.rational.test.ft.object.library.RecognitionAttributes2Value incompatible with com.rational.test.ft.value.managers.IManageValueClass
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.RegisteredConverters.managerForCanonicalName(RegisteredConverters.java:451)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.XmlPersist.managerForCanonicalName(XmlPersist.java:1895)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.XmlPersist.endElement(XmlPersist.java:1767)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.XmlPersist.runParser(XmlPersist.java:355)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.XmlPersist.persistIn(XmlPersist.java:240)
    at com.rational.test.ft.util.ConfigFile.load(ConfigFile.java:386)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContext.loadCustomizationFile(TestContext.java:1492)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContext.loadDefaultAndCustomRecogProperties(TestContext.java:1235)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContext.becomeAClient(TestContext.java:1203)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContextClient.create(TestContextClient.java:46)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.rational_ft_impl.initTheSession(rational_ft_impl.java:1687)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.RationalFtMain.main(RationalFtMain.java:229)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.CommandLineApplication.run(CommandLineApplication.java:43)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:996)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:971)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at com.rational.test.ft.rational_ft.startFT(rational_ft.java:278)
    at com.rational.test.ft.rational_ft.main(rational_ft.java:193)

08:49:18:171 PM 2224 5248 Err testcontext Exception loading customization file C:\SDP\V7\FunctionalTester\bin\ObjRecProp.rftop: com.rational.test.ft.util.ConfigReadException: CRFCN0169E: Error loading configuration file
  • Jason_Z
    Jason_Z
    48 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-06-16T17:49:02Z  in response to Pat_OC
    We've recently "upgraded" from RFT 6.x to 7.0.1.2 and have run into some issues with the new version of RFT. We're using Java scripting to test a standalone Java application. I'm posting this to see if others have experienced the same and if you have any workarounds or resolutions.

Problem 1) Objects identified as serving a "TabbedPage" role no longer have a recognition property called ".tabText" available. I don't just mean that it's not one of the default properties, but .tabText is not available at all. This is problematic for several reasons:

• If you record any new objects from a GUI that you've already recorded with RFT 6 on a tab that you've already recorded, it won't recognize the tab as being already recorded and it will create a new one. Try to "update recognition properties" on the TabbedPage and you won't find .tabText anywhere.

• Most JPanel objects in a java GUI probably aren't going to have a "name" set (almost all of ours don't). Without the .tabText property, all tabs are going to look the same. This means there will be just one TabbedPage in the map will all objects from all tabs merged together. This is a real problem, leading to object collisions and ambiguous recognition exceptions.

Problem 2) When "Build Automatically" is selected, RFT is performing a "clean" operation when the "run script" button is selected from the IDE. Many times while we are developing new scripts and go to run one, even though all source files are saved and class files have been built, as soon as we go to run the script all .class files disappear and we get a ClassNotFoundException. It's not just classes that we've been working on that are disappearing, either. All .class files from the entire project are removed, as if we executed a "clean" operation. It's as if the run is spawning two execution threads, one that is cleaning the project and one that is trying to run the script. When the thread trying to run the script goes to load the class, it's not there. I had this problem when evaluating the first release of RFT 7.0, submitted a PMR and waited. Support notified me that it had been fixed with 7.0.1.2, so I tried it out. For some reason, I didn't have any problem for the day that I took to evaluate it, and I decided to upgrade all of our machines. Now the problem has resurfaced, and not just on my machine. The workaround is to not use "Build Automatically"... you just have to remember to recompile as you're making changes and trying them out.

Jason
  • jimjimlit
    jimjimlit
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-06-18T15:49:42Z  in response to Pat_OC
    Is anyone else having problems with installing RFT .NET version 7.1.0.2? We had 7.0.0.1 and we have recently attempted to upgrade to 7.1.0.2 but the SapDomainProxies.dll, SiebelDomainProxies.dll and FlexDomain.dll files do not get added to the assemblies cache. RFT 7.1.0.2 still expects them to be there though because when I record a new functional test script it cannot be compiled because those three name spaces can not be found.
    • jimjimlit
      jimjimlit
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-10-06T12:33:43Z  in response to jimjimlit
      In order to resolve this issue I needed to:

1) fully uninstall 7.0.1
      2) backup any existing projects or RFT code.
      3) search all folders and remove any reference to RFT

This appears to have worked successfully so far, but I will add more information if the issue reappears.

Thanks.

Jim
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        16729 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-01-10T17:15:56Z  in response to jimjimlit
        Hi,

I am working with version 7.0.1.3 .
        I encounter the following error:

Unhandled exception in rational_ft: com.rational.test.ft.util.ConfigReadException: CRFCN0169E: Error loading configuration file
        com.rational.test.ft.util.ConfigReadException: CRFCN0169E: Error loading configuration file

Any idea what cause it and how it can be fix ?

Thanks
        Idan
    • pabrams
      pabrams
      664 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-09T19:32:37Z  in response to jimjimlit
      What about RFT v8? Anyone having problems with transition? I am...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-07-30T16:22:56Z  in response to Pat_OC
    I am unable to install the RFT v7.0.1.

Below is the error:

com.ibm.cic.agent.core
    Error executing "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\win_ia32\setup.exe" operation (status=2002). See agent output log for more information: C:\Doc....
    However, the log file does not exist. I found a .xml file under logs folder showing:
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine.Phase.IUPhase.IUPhaseSubOperation
    perform
    Error occurred in phase: {0}
    SU: {1} {2}
    IU: {3}
    install
    ibmrac.win_ia32.silent.rft
    ibmrac.win_ia32.silent.rft null->1.0.3.20070912
    Error executing "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\win_ia32\setup.exe" operation (status=2002).
    See agent output log for more information: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Installation Manager\logs\native\20080730_1114.log
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16729 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-10-04T01:14:35Z  in response to Pat_OC
    hi,I met a problem:
    After I reinstall the XP(I just format the disk C:),I'm trying to install the RFT.
    but IBM Installation Manager showed that Installation Manager can't found any software package to be installed.
    I need to do something with the Storage Library? I checked the internet is ok.
    I'm just confused. Anyone can help me please~~~~~?

Thanks~!!!
    • zabalex
      zabalex
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-11T06:38:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I see that you posted your question a while ago. Do you still need help?
      If I were you, I'd install Win 7, or even Linux with GUI.
      Also, storage price is so much lower these days, I dn't know if you'd still consider XP. Let me know if you need help.

Best regards,

Bay Area Web Design
      • tomba
        tomba
        49 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-04T14:12:26Z  in response to zabalex
        Say, what's happening with RFT V8? Anyone still using V7?