Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-09-03T15:44:49Z by BradKnoblauch
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
533 Posts

Pinned topic Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS

‏2007-06-12T16:28:39Z |
I'm working through the QualityStage tutorial, and got a fatal error at the end of Lesson 3.3. In this lesson, we're using Standardization Rules and Match Specifications to find duplicates.

When I run the job, I get the following error and the job aborts right away:

codemain_program: Fatal Error: Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS[/code]

The error message doesn't indicate which stage failed, but it's the first thing that appears in the log after codemain_program: orchgeneral: loaded[/code]
I can't find any help on this, but I noticed a couple of things:

The Standardization Rules I select all have a suffix at the end: _USNAME, _USAREA, etc. I didn't build these rules myself; they're part of the DS installation, and I simply selected them as instructed. In the stage metadata, the rule in the error actually appears as

codeMatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS_USNAME[/code]

So, the job is using a field named "MatchFirstNameNYSIIS_USNAME", but somewhere it doesn't like the suffix. Can anyone tell me how to fix this error, or just tell me a bit about the mechanics -- what's going on, and why might the program trip on the suffix?

Thanks!

• Val
Updated on 2010-09-03T15:44:49Z at 2010-09-03T15:44:49Z by BradKnoblauch
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts

Re: Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS

‏2007-06-20T03:13:20Z  
    Hi Val -

I have to confess I have not worked through the tutorial that comes with QualityStage v8, I will have to work though it to see if I can replicate the error. In the meantime I would check the meta data in one of the match passes in the match spec.

MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS_USNAME is a field generated by the standardize stage when using the USNAME rule set. As you have noticed automatically the rule set name is appended to the end of the fields generated by a rule set used in the standardize stage.

Check the meta data and field names on the output link of the standardize stage, second open up the match spec and look at each pass and verify the column name contains the _USNAME.

...Barbara
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts

‏2007-10-11T15:25:23Z  
    Hi Val -

I have to confess I have not worked through the tutorial that comes with QualityStage v8, I will have to work though it to see if I can replicate the error. In the meantime I would check the meta data in one of the match passes in the match spec.

MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS_USNAME is a field generated by the standardize stage when using the USNAME rule set. As you have noticed automatically the rule set name is appended to the end of the fields generated by a rule set used in the standardize stage.

Check the meta data and field names on the output link of the standardize stage, second open up the match spec and look at each pass and verify the column name contains the _USNAME.

...Barbara
    I had the exact same problem while working through the tutorial as well. I also noticed that in the properties of the match spec, the column names list the match columns without the extra _USNAME. I tried changing it there but, that didn't work either. Anyone able to figure that out or as the original poster requested, would someone be able to explain the mechanics of this process so I can try to troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Simran.
  • jplatt
    jplatt
    1 Post

‏2008-01-30T22:43:17Z  
    I had the exact same problem while working through the tutorial as well. I also noticed that in the properties of the match spec, the column names list the match columns without the extra _USNAME. I tried changing it there but, that didn't work either. Anyone able to figure that out or as the original poster requested, would someone be able to explain the mechanics of this process so I can try to troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Simran.
    I also have this trouble in the tutorial. I've searched the Quality Stage forum without success, and I'll try posting there too, but the context is already laid out in this thread.

Is there any word on this issue? Does the fix pack address it?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    533 Posts

‏2009-08-05T15:15:53Z  
    I get the same error message: "Unable to locate column MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS in the input link with the following schema: ...". Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    Thanks,

Xiaoping
  • BradKnoblauch
    BradKnoblauch
    1 Post

‏2010-09-03T15:44:49Z  
    Solution: The Match Specification (NameAndAddress) provided in the Tutorial does not have the proper column names with _USNAME, _USADDR, etc. I created a copy of the NameAndAddress macth spec then imported the proper table definition to the input StandardizedData1. You then have to open and modify the 2 Passes to refeclt the proper column names. Once you work through all of this, use this new match spec in the Unduplicate stage and it should work. It ends p actually being a good training task to learn more about the match spec.