Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2007-07-06T16:10:25Z by dagar
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
262 Posts

Pinned topic New Release! iSeries Access for Linux 1.4 Available Now!

‏2007-06-11T13:46:38Z |
Version 1.4 of iSeries Access for Linux V5R4 is now available. This version has enhanced support for Ubuntu. Also, several font issues have been addressed for Russian, Chinese, German and Japanese languages.

More info at:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/
Updated on 2007-07-06T16:10:25Z at 2007-07-06T16:10:25Z by dagar
  • dagar
    dagar
    6 Posts

Re: New Release! iSeries Access for Linux 1.4 Available Now!

‏2007-06-27T20:30:41Z  
    Where is the Linux love? This still looks like the ugly step child compared to iSeries Access for Windoze. C'mon IBM, you are pushing Linux, yet your Linux offerings look rather paltry compared to the windoze offerings.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts

‏2007-07-02T14:11:57Z  
    • dagar
    • ‏2007-06-27T20:30:41Z
    Where is the Linux love? This still looks like the ugly step child compared to iSeries Access for Windoze. C'mon IBM, you are pushing Linux, yet your Linux offerings look rather paltry compared to the windoze offerings.
    Hi Dagar!

We're doing our best to give you an alternative to iSeries Access for Windows. Usually the Linux product works better if you use iSeries Access for Web as well. Please keep in mind that Windows is more widely used by customers, and hence, IBM assign more resources to it's Windows development for iSeries Access.
    Is in our best interest to increase iSeries Access for Linux (ILA) usage, and we're working hard on it, the more people start using ILA, the better the product will get.

Thanks a lot for your comments!
  • dagar
    dagar
    6 Posts

‏2007-07-06T16:10:25Z  
    Hi Dagar!

We're doing our best to give you an alternative to iSeries Access for Windows. Usually the Linux product works better if you use iSeries Access for Web as well. Please keep in mind that Windows is more widely used by customers, and hence, IBM assign more resources to it's Windows development for iSeries Access.
    Is in our best interest to increase iSeries Access for Linux (ILA) usage, and we're working hard on it, the more people start using ILA, the better the product will get.

Thanks a lot for your comments!
    The problem is that for people to start using iSeries Access for Linux more, it has to be on par with the iSeries access for windoze. I want to start moving the users here to Linux desktops, but the difference in functionality will definitely make them feel like they are going backwards.
    I am still experiencing weird font problems with the iSeries access for Linux. I don't want this to happen to everyone.