Pinned topic how to get email address from bluepage

‏2007-06-05T19:27:18Z |
hi:
I login portal using ibm email, so in my portlet, I want to catch this email,
in my jsp code, I use:
<%@ page import="com.ibm.bluepages.*" %>
<%
session.setAttribute("serial",request.getRemoteUser().substring( 0 ,6 ));
BPResults peopleResults = BluePages.getPersonsBySerial((String) session.getAttribute("serial"));
session.setAttribute("Email",((String) peopleResults.getColumn("EMAILADDRESS").elementAt(0)));
%>

Then in html, I use <input type="text" name="IBMEmail" value=<%= session.getAttribute("Email") %>.

it displays: CN=Joe Liu/OU=Raleigh/OU=Contr/O=IBM@IBMUS, I want like joe@us.ibm.com, I also try to change to "MAIL", "NOTESEMAIL", etc, all of them is not working.

anyone else know the email column name like getColumn("MAIL")?
thanks in advance.
Updated on 2007-06-06T11:15:03Z at 2007-06-06T11:15:03Z by GeraldMengisen
  • mburati
    mburati
    2576 Posts

Re: how to get email address from bluepage

‏2007-06-05T19:35:24Z  
    This forum is to discuss best practices building WPF portlets. I doubt there are any experts here on that non-WPF specific API you're asking about. I would try the documentation or forum for that particular API to see if you can find more help there...

..mb1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9029 Posts

‏2007-06-05T19:57:34Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2007-06-05T19:35:24Z
    This forum is to discuss best practices building WPF portlets. I doubt there are any experts here on that non-WPF specific API you're asking about. I would try the documentation or forum for that particular API to see if you can find more help there...

..mb1
    but I am using WPF to develop portal application, now I meet this kind of question. so...
  • mburati
    mburati
    2576 Posts

‏2007-06-05T20:22:04Z  
    but I am using WPF to develop portal application, now I meet this kind of question. so...
    Right, but that API you're calling has nothing to do with WPF, so it's likely nobody here knows it.

Your best bet is to look for documentation where you found that API that you're calling.

If you want to call APIs supported by WPF to get user information then use webAppAccess.getUserInfo() That returns a WPF UserInfo object that you can then call getKnownAttributes and getAttribute on, to get additional WP user attributes. It has nothing to do with the bluepages API you were calling above though. The WPF WebAppAccess and UserInfo APIs are documented in the API reference documentation that comes with WPF.

..mb1
  • GeraldMengisen
    GeraldMengisen
    97 Posts

‏2007-06-06T11:15:03Z  
    Try "InternetAddress" if it exists. That's anyway the field where Domino stores the "regular" e-mail address (not sure how it translates to LDAP, however).

Otherwise, see if you can iterate over all attributes and print out the values.
  • 0J6E_Ondrej_Plevka
    0J6E_Ondrej_Plevka
    1 Post

‏2013-07-30T16:58:33Z  

I just spent half of day just looking for that email column name and it is called "INTERNET"