Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Pinned topic How do I uninstall p AVE and x-86 World?
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2007-05-10T15:15:44Z at 2007-05-10T15:15:44Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK90 Posts
Re: How do I uninstall p AVE and x-86 World?2007-05-10T15:15:44ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.To Uninstall p AVE & x-86 World:
1) You should run uninstaller from the native environment, not from the p-ave environment. Therefore, if you are running p-ave, exit from the p-ave environment
2) Now to uninstall pAVE and x-86,
Run "installer.pl" and you will see the list like below. Choose No.3 to Uninstall Software
1. Install Software.
2. Upgrade Software.
3. Uninstall Software.
4. Show Installed Products.
5. Configure Software.
Please select the type of operation you would like to perform: 3
3)Now you will see the next list. Choose No.1 Uninstall p-ave
1. Uninstall p-ave.
2. Uninstall x86 World.
3. Go back to the Main Menu.
Please select the type of operation you would like to perform: 1
4)Enter "Y" for this question:
Are you sure you want to uninstall p-ave?
5)Now it is removed p-ave and it will give you the list again to choose to remove x-86 world
6) Select No.3 Uninstall Software and then choose No.2 Uninstall x-86 world
7) Enter "Y" for this question:
Delete x86 World (installed at /i386) from the filesystem?
You will lose all custom config and installed applications.
8) Now you can choose No.6 from the list to quit the Operation.
9) You will see the message like this:
Thank you for using the System p AVE Installer
Today you performed the following transactions:
Uninstalled x86 World