Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2007-04-02T13:44:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2340 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Scheduling Server Question

‏2007-03-28T19:21:47Z |
We have our scheduling server NOTIFICATION_CHECK_INTERVAL set to 3 minutes. Normally this works fine and processes move from activity to activity every 3 minutes.

However, our process volume has been increasing over the last couple of months and we noticed that sometimes activites are taking an hour or more to complete. For instance, we have activities that have expirations and we can see in Thin Client that the activity expired at the expected time but it didn't finish and move to the next step in the process until an hour or so later.

My guess is that we have so many activities that workflow can't process them all each time the scheduling server checks.

My question is, does the scheduling server only look at a certain number of activities each time it checks? If so, can that 'transaction size' be adjusted?
Updated on 2007-04-02T13:44:19Z at 2007-04-02T13:44:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • jmac_EmeriCon
    jmac_EmeriCon
    26 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Scheduling Server Question

‏2007-03-30T16:15:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    1) What version of MQWF are you running?

2) Are you certain that your scheduling server is running every three minutes? Use fmcautil to verify that.

3) You might want to have a look at some of the IBM Technotes on tuning the scheduling server, I don't have access to them right now, but you should find if you search the MQWF support site for Scheduling server or DELETE_NOTIFICATION_ITEMS_THRESHOLD.

Regards

John McDonald
    EmeriCon, LLC
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2340 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Scheduling Server Question

‏2007-04-02T13:44:19Z  in response to jmac_EmeriCon
      We are running version 3.6.0.2. I verified that the scheduling server is running every 3 minutes.

I will try to find more info in the tech notes.

Thank You.