• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2007-12-17T20:29:44Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
280 Posts

Pinned topic Command line help

‏2007-03-28T12:23:42Z |
Hi All:
I need to be able to generate a list of children from a known parent ID from the command line. Is there a way to do this using patchbug or other utility? I basically want to mimic the Links->Highlight Children function from the GUI.

Also, does anyone know of a site that details the usage and provides examples of using the utilities like patchbug. I have viewed the man pages and they don't show any specific example like what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance,
KeithP
Updated on 2007-12-17T20:29:44Z at 2007-12-17T20:29:44Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    280 Posts

Re: Command line help

‏2007-12-17T20:28:11Z  
    You can dissect parent-child relationships by dumping (bugval or ddtssql) the Parents and Children fields of any record. (in perl,) split by (/ /,$children) and voila.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    280 Posts

Re: Command line help

‏2007-12-17T20:29:44Z  
    You can dissect parent-child relationships by dumping (bugval or ddtssql) the Parents and Children fields of any record. (in perl,) split by (/ /,$children) and voila.
    Also, does anyone know of a site that details the usage and provides examples of using the utilities like patchbug

Good luck my friend. DDTs may still be used, but as far as active online community goes... not so much.
    Case in point, I posted a question back in May simply to see who still uses DDTs. 1 response. :/