Are you aware of an open source tool that would be able to calculate the number of comment lines of code in Java (ie : including lines containing both code and comments) ? i would appreciate whether it could drill down to method level, not only to a file level.
I've done a bit a searching, and it turns out that
- JavaNCSS or SLOCCount do not give this information, only pure lines of code,
- CCCC, CNCC, are at file level.
There are two plugins for famous IDE :
- Metrics which is heavily dependent on Eclipse (I want to be able to run it using command line, without eclipse)
- Metrics Reloaded, dependent on IdeaJ closed AST.
- There are proprietary tools doing it, such as RSM, Krakatau, but I really want to avoid these closed source solutions.
Do you have any suggestion that would calculate comments ?
Thank you for your help.