2 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-06-17T10:42:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
684 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Accessing MQe 2.0.2 from C# using C wrapper DLL

‏2007-02-12T10:21:50Z |
Hi

I am using C API and evc/VS2005 and Pocket PC as target device.

To use this API with C# I am writting Wrapper DLL in evc
I dont want to use JVM and java code to communicate with MQe Gateway

I have couple of Queries
1) With NATIVE code base, is LZW comression possible ? How ?

2) What I understand from BINDINGS code base is that JVM and MQe java libraries/classes are needed ? is this required ?

3) I could successfully put message, but How I can Get Message from server ? is it Using trigger transmission ?

4) how to configure forward & store Queues and Home server using MQe Explorer ?
Pls reply

MSJ
Updated on 2008-06-17T10:42:51Z at 2008-06-17T10:42:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • Raghuram
    Raghuram
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Accessing MQe 2.0.2 from C# using C wrapper DLL

‏2007-02-13T08:38:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Please find the answers to your queries.

1) With NATIVE code base, is LZW compression possible ? How ?
    No, using C code base you cannot use LZW compression algorithm. It is supported only in Java. But if you can implement your own compression algorithm, in this case LZW, and use them while put/get messages from a queue. Go through the <MQe_install_dir> C\examples\src\Compressors examples to see how to implement customized compressors and to use them.

2) What I understand from BINDINGS code base is that JVM and MQe java libraries/classes are needed ? is this required ?

Yes, your understanding is correct that BINDINGS code base require java classes as the c bindings code hooks onto java classes and invokes them during runtime. It is better if you use java as there are some limitation in C bindings though it uses java in the background. To know more abt the limitations visit the following section in infocentre

WMQe API Refs V2.02 -> C Bindings programming guide -> Using C bindings -> Unsupported Java APIs
    3) I could successfully put message, but How I can Get Message from server ? is it Using trigger transmission ?

You can use mqeQueueManager_getMessage() function to get messages from the queue. So trigger transmission from the queuemanager from where you are sending messages but in the case of Store/Forward and homeserver queues you can set polling intervals to check for messages on the queue instead of triggering a transmission.

4) how to configure forward & store Queues and Home server using MQe Explorer ?

This has been clearly explained in MQe_explorer.pdf document which accompanies the SupportPack installation. Please refer to the same which discusses clearly as to how to create/configure different types of queues.Chapter 12. Sample scripts, describes it.

regards,
    Raghuram
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    684 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Accessing MQe 2.0.2 from C# using C wrapper DLL

‏2008-06-17T10:42:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

My company already has a MQE c code wrapper library in C# to ebable access to the MQE c api.
    I have attached the architecture and interface. You can contact my directly at ofer@dooblo.net if you need these libs. Its not free but it might save you some time :)

Ofer