• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2008-09-26T14:58:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
262 Posts

Pinned topic Installing iSerie Access for Linux on AIX 5.3

‏2007-02-09T09:19:42Z |
Hi,
I'd like to know if someone tried to install iSeries Access for Linux on AIX 5.3
Is it possible? Is there some triks to install it?

Thanks for any answer
Updated on 2008-09-26T14:58:02Z at 2008-09-26T14:58:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts

Re: Installing iSerie Access for Linux on AIX 5.3

‏2007-02-09T15:13:51Z  

Sorry, but I have not tried to install the Linux product on AIX. It might be possible with the AIX Linux compatibility layer/toolkit.

Just curious, what functions in the Linux product are you looking for on AIX?
    5250, ODBC, EDRS, RmtCmd, ...?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts

‏2007-02-09T16:00:15Z  

Sorry, but I have not tried to install the Linux product on AIX. It might be possible with the AIX Linux compatibility layer/toolkit.

Just curious, what functions in the Linux product are you looking for on AIX?
    5250, ODBC, EDRS, RmtCmd, ...?
    We have AIX 5.3 with linux compatibility toolkit. We need ODBC drivers to connect an oracle installation to iSeries AS400 DB2
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts

‏2007-02-09T17:34:33Z  
    We have AIX 5.3 with linux compatibility toolkit. We need ODBC drivers to connect an oracle installation to iSeries AS400 DB2
    I think you can give the IBM DB2 Connect product a try...
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/db2connect/sysreqs.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts

‏2007-02-16T13:45:56Z  
    I think you can give the IBM DB2 Connect product a try...
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/db2connect/sysreqs.html
    thanks for your suggestion.
    As far as I can see from the product overview page, db2 connect is part of db2 udb product.
    What we need is an odbc driver to create a database link from oracle on aix to db2 on as400 via oracle's heterogenous connectivity.
    We have been able to create such a link in linux using unixodbc and iseries access for linux odbc driver.
    We have succesfully compiled unixodbc on aix 5.3 but now i'm looking for a db2/400 odbc driver on aix.
    Is an odbc driver included in db2 connect?

Thanks for your sugggestions,

David
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts

‏2007-03-06T08:52:41Z  
    As far as I can see from the product overview page, db2 connect is part of db2 udb product.
    What we need is an odbc driver to create a database link from oracle on aix to db2 on as400 via oracle's heterogenous connectivity.
    We have been able to create such a link in linux using unixodbc and iseries access for linux odbc driver.
    We have succesfully compiled unixodbc on aix 5.3 but now i'm looking for a db2/400 odbc driver on aix.

David
    david,

we also install unixodbc on aix to try accessing db2/400. in the db2 runtime client package for aix the obdc driver is included. Currently i have to test, but
    it seems to be usable.

regards,

daniel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    262 Posts

‏2008-09-26T14:58:02Z  

David
    I am trying to do the say thing and needing some help. did you get the odbc connection working from aix to an as400. thanks for any information. Matt