Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-12-30T06:45:43Z by AparnaSV
yuhki
yuhki
19 Posts

Pinned topic What is Eclipse help server?

‏2007-01-14T05:06:39Z |
Does anyone know about "Eclipse help server" ?

As long as I checked on Windows TEMS/TEPS, I think I can see all the product helps from TEP "help"->"contens and Indexes" even if the "Eclipse Help Server" stopped.

According to FP04 readme, there is a following description.

>The Eclipse Help server is not available on AIX computers.
>If you do not install the Eclipse Help server,
>the IBM Eclipse Help System link is broken for monitoring agents helps that >have the Searching Agent Help topic.
>You must use the following steps to install the Eclipse Help server before you >install your monitoring agents.
> 1. Use the following Web site to download the Eclipse Help server: >http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/topic/com.ibm.itm.doc/Eclipse30Unix.tar.
> 2. Untar the tar file in the itm_installdir directory.
> 3. Run the IC_start.sh file to start the Eclipse Help server.
> The IC_start.sh file is located in the itm_installdir helpsvr >directory where you extracted the Eclipse30Unix.tar file.

I wonder if I should download the Eclipse Help server to my AIX environment and do not know "the IBM Eclipse Help System link is broken for monitoring agents helps" actually means.

Does anyone please advise me?

Best Regards.
Updated on 2011-12-30T06:45:43Z at 2011-12-30T06:45:43Z by AparnaSV
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6056 Posts

Re: What is Eclipse help server?

‏2007-01-17T12:38:11Z  
    Most of the TEP help is not driven from the Eclipse Help Server. You can access most of the TEP help dialogs as long as the Portal Web Server is up even if the Eclipse Help Server is down. For example,

http://<yourtepsserver>:1920///cnp/kdh/lib/classes/candle/fw/resources/help/contents.htm

does not require the Eclipse Help Server to be up. I have written a forum entry about using the Eclipse Help Server supplied with ITM 6.

See ...

capitalsoftware.com/Forums

John Willis
    capitalsoftware.com
  • yuhki
    yuhki
    19 Posts

‏2007-01-17T13:18:16Z  
    Most of the TEP help is not driven from the Eclipse Help Server. You can access most of the TEP help dialogs as long as the Portal Web Server is up even if the Eclipse Help Server is down. For example,

http://<yourtepsserver>:1920///cnp/kdh/lib/classes/candle/fw/resources/help/contents.htm

does not require the Eclipse Help Server to be up. I have written a forum entry about using the Eclipse Help Server supplied with ITM 6.

See ...

John Willis
    capitalsoftware.com
    Thank you for your reply. Now I am cleared :D

I also checked in my environment with Windows FP04 TEMS/TEPS + Windows OS / DB2 agent and almost all basic application supports files(Windows OS / UNIX OS /Linux OS etc..).
    There is no entry on Eclipse server for those agents(Windows OS / DB2 agent).

Though I am also installing OMEMGAMON XE for Messaging V6.0 / ITCAM for SOA / TEC agent application support files to my TEPS, those help docs can be seen on Eclipse help server.

It seems that pre-built plug-ins were now prepared mainly for ITCAM or OMEGAMON product agents.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6056 Posts

‏2007-01-17T17:59:06Z  
    • yuhki
    • ‏2007-01-17T13:18:16Z
    Thank you for your reply. Now I am cleared :D

I also checked in my environment with Windows FP04 TEMS/TEPS + Windows OS / DB2 agent and almost all basic application supports files(Windows OS / UNIX OS /Linux OS etc..).
    There is no entry on Eclipse server for those agents(Windows OS / DB2 agent).

Though I am also installing OMEMGAMON XE for Messaging V6.0 / ITCAM for SOA / TEC agent application support files to my TEPS, those help docs can be seen on Eclipse help server.

It seems that pre-built plug-ins were now prepared mainly for ITCAM or OMEGAMON product agents.
    One of my customer's has opened a PMR to see if IBM can supply them of us find them if they are hidden somewhere. It seems silly to go to all that trouble to but the Eclpise server in the OS install image build and not supply any current product plug-ins. If I find out more I will post it here.

John Willis
  • AparnaSV
    AparnaSV
    37 Posts

‏2011-12-30T06:45:43Z  

See ...

John Willis
    capitalsoftware.com
    I am not able to view the details of Eclipse Help server in www.capitalsoftware.com.

It says i am not a customer and need to register if i am a customer.Can you please post the article related to Eclipse Help server in the developerworks forum? It will be a great help for me.