1 reply Latest Post - ‏2007-01-09T14:18:57Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
835 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic echo cancellation

‏2007-01-09T10:41:09Z |
Hi,
I'm currently working on a project which uses WebSphere Voice Server 5.1.3 and WebSphere Voice Response 4.2 to provide ASR-enabled services.

When I test the barge-in functions (the bargin type I used is "Speech"), I discovered that the system behaviors are very unstable (including false bargeins and unexpected system hangs). So I'm wondering whether the echo cancellation is not perfromed well in WVR.

Does anyone know how to verify the operations of echo cancellation? The adapter card I used is "IBM ARTIC960RxD Quad Digital Trunk Telephony Adapter".

Or is there any other key factor which may affect the performance of bargeins?

Thanks a lot!
Updated on 2007-01-09T14:18:57Z at 2007-01-09T14:18:57Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    835 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: echo cancellation

‏2007-01-09T14:18:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In order to calibrate the echo cancellation function on the DTXA card you should play some audio at the beginning of your application which is between 3 and 5 seconds in duration and which has the property bargein=false.

Back in October you had a question about the cache on WVR on the wireless forum ... that was the wrong forum. To clean out the cache used by VoiceXML applications, you need to stop the Java environment (dtjstop, dtjshost -exit), then remove all the files in the directory /var/dirTalk/DBE/native/aix/VXML2Cache, and then restart the Java environment (dtjshost, dtjstart). The period for which individual resources are kept in the cache is determined by the caching attributes associated with the resource when it is retrieved from the HTTP server, or defined within the resource.