Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
237 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic unhandled exception in mqeQueueManager_new

‏2006-12-19T17:30:24Z |
Hi,

I'm tryin to run in a pocket PC 2003 the MQe example MQ_Message.c which is in the package MQe 2.1.0.8 and it throws an exception in the call:
mqeQueueManager_new(&exceptBlk, &hQueueManager, hLocalQMName, &qmParams, &regParams );

I have only chaged those lines with my WMQ configuration:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/* ... Initalize the session */
rc = mqeSession_initialize(&exceptBlk);

display("Creating the Strings\n");

if ( MQERETURN_OK == rc ) {
rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hFieldLabel,"FieldLabel");}
rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hText,"Hello from WMQe C!!");}
rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hLocalQMName,"pocketQM");}
rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hGateway_QMName,"gateway");}
rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hMQ_QMName,"myQM_manager");}
if ( MQERETURN_OK == rc ) {rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hQueueName,"MYQUEUE.QUEUE");}
rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hMsgStore,"MsgLog:" MQE_DIRECTORY_SEP_STR "_WMQe" MQE_DIRECTORY_SEP_STR "QueueStore");}
if ( MQERETURN_OK == rc ) {rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hRegistryDir, MQE_DIRECTORY_SEP_STR "_WMQe" MQE_DIRECTORY_SEP_STR "NativeQM" MQE_DIRECTORY_SEP_STR "registry");}
if ( MQERETURN_OK == rc ) {rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hIPAddress,"192.168.1.25");}
rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hPort,"1414");}
if ( MQERETURN_OK == rc ) {rc = mqeString_newUtf8(&exceptBlk,&hMQMsgClassName,"com.ibm.mqe.mqemqmessage.MQeMQMsgObject"); }
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I think the problem is in the &hMsgStore and &hRegistryDir variables but I couldn't solve the error.

I tried changing the format of the strings or how building it so application ran but never put a message in the queue (the call mqeQueueManager_triggerTransmission(hQueueManager,&exceptBlk); returns the "4194304 MQERETURN_QUEUE_MANAGER_ERROR" return code).

Moreover I found it creates a strange folder "M" in the root of the filesystem that I think shouldn't be there (Folders of the queue manager seems to be alright but I'm not sure).

Have anybody this issue with the example code?

Thanks.

Regards.