• 84 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-04T19:37:40Z by tomba
msiegel
msiegel
32 Posts

Pinned topic V7 installation/transition issues

‏2006-12-05T15:31:45Z |
Hello Testers,
Today IBM Rational announced the new IBM Rational Software Delivery Platform desktop products V7 (http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/announce/dt). This release includes a new version of Rational Functional Tester.

We are initiating this thread to be a home for issues relating to the new release. Items relating to installation and transition of the new software are most appropriate. If you have questions or answers, concerns, ideas, or relevant experience in moving forward with this release, please post your thoughts here.

Please consider modifying the subject to best fit your specific message.
Yours, Marc

Marc Siegel
IBM Rational developerWorks Community Manager
408.463.5278, email: marcsiegel at us.ibm.com, AIM: marcsiegel10
Updated on 2012-01-04T19:37:40Z at 2012-01-04T19:37:40Z by tomba
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re: V7 installation/transition issues

‏2006-12-05T21:16:13Z  
    Installed RFT 7 .NET using VS2003. CallScripts to scripts that reside in folders throw an exception:
    "The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'rtxftnet' does not match the assembly reference"

In contacting customer support they were not even aware that they were supporting this yet and didn't even have it installed. I am going to try to uninstall and go back to 6.1. I just hope that the new version didn't modify my projects such that I can't go back.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-06T18:43:36Z  
    Does the new version of Rational Functional Tester support IE7?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-07T16:58:51Z  
    Does the new version of Rational Functional Tester support IE7?
    For RFT using Visual Studio 2005 as the IDE, I think we will revert to 6.1.1.1 until IBM releases an update to version 7.

To answer my own question in this thread, IBM Rational tech support has confirmed that IE7 is [i]not[/i] yet supported in this latest release. The reason for this is acceptable: the final version of IE7 had not yet been released when RFT V7 was being QA'd. While I consider this a black eye for IBM, I certainly wouldn't want them releasing functionality that hasn't been sufficiently QA'd.

Unfortunately, insufficient QA'ing is why exactly I'm reverting to 6.1.1.1, as opposed to moving forward with V7. When I attempted to insert a verification point in RFT V7 w/VS2005 IDE, the wizard seemed to behave fine - until I was ready to click "Finish". Clicking "Finish" did absolutely nothing. I clicked, and waited. I clicked 50 times in a row. The system wasn't frozen; the Finish button simply didn't do anything.

While I could live with IE7 not yet being supported, I won't work with a version whose basic functionality worked fine in a prior release but now seems entirely broken in the newest release. It only makes sense to wait until IBM Rational has had some time to absorb these kinds of defects and patch them.

Nevertheless, thanks for updating the software, IBM - we want to continue using these products effectively, with the latest technologies. I just hope that with the next patch, things will be working better.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-12T12:58:42Z  
    We would like to move from RFT 6.1.1.1 to 7.0 unfortunately we encountered quite some problems during deinstallation of RFT 6.1.1.1. We had to manually remove registry keys of "IBM Rational Agent Controller" to be able to install RFT 7.0. And we found a lot of registry keys of RFT 6 after its deinstallation. The files have also not been removed.

What is the recommendet method of completely deinstalling RFT 6 and all related products?

Regards,
    Raffaello
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re:Re: V7 installation/transition issues

‏2006-12-12T13:46:37Z  
    We would like to move from RFT 6.1.1.1 to 7.0 unfortunately we encountered quite some problems during deinstallation of RFT 6.1.1.1. We had to manually remove registry keys of "IBM Rational Agent Controller" to be able to install RFT 7.0. And we found a lot of registry keys of RFT 6 after its deinstallation. The files have also not been removed.

What is the recommendet method of completely deinstalling RFT 6 and all related products?

Regards,
    Raffaello
    this is a slightly longer version of a post a couple of months back

this is only for RFT, the instructions could be different if you have
    additional Rational products installed!

1. commit changes
    2. stop RationalAgentController? service
    * right click on "My Computer" -> manage
    * select services and applications
    * then services
    * stop IBM Rational Agent controller
    3. uninstall service
    * start-> run-> cmd
    * cd C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\IBM_Agent_Controller\bin
    * manageservice.exe remove "IBM Rational Agent Controller"
    4. make sure to close the command window and any folders open in
    the rational directories
    5. Use Control Panel to Remove RFT.
    Start > Program Files > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs >
    select Rational Functional Tester and click the Change/Remove button.
    6. Go into Windows Explorer and delete the Rational directory under
    C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational.
    7. Go into C:\Documents and Settings\your username\ and delete your
    IBM directory.
    Also, if it exists, go into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\
    and delete the IBM directory.
    (Make sure any projects you created in here you back up before deleting).
    8. Next go the Windows directory. Typically C:\Windows or C:\WINNT.
    Go into the IBM directory and remove the RAT60 directory and
    everything underneath it. (It may not be there so if you do not see
    then do not worry about it, I found one called RAM60 which i removed).
    9. Also you need to go into the registry (Start-Run-regedit)
    and delete the Functional Tester Keys below by right clicking on
    the key and deleting it.
    * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IBM\Rational
    * HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Rational Software\FT
    10. Then Reboot.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re: Re:Re: V7 installation/transition issues

‏2006-12-12T14:32:46Z  
    this is a slightly longer version of a post a couple of months back

this is only for RFT, the instructions could be different if you have
    additional Rational products installed!

1. commit changes
    2. stop RationalAgentController? service
    * right click on "My Computer" -> manage
    * select services and applications
    * then services
    * stop IBM Rational Agent controller
    3. uninstall service
    * start-> run-> cmd
    * cd C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\IBM_Agent_Controller\bin
    * manageservice.exe remove "IBM Rational Agent Controller"
    4. make sure to close the command window and any folders open in
    the rational directories
    5. Use Control Panel to Remove RFT.
    Start > Program Files > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs >
    select Rational Functional Tester and click the Change/Remove button.
    6. Go into Windows Explorer and delete the Rational directory under
    C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational.
    7. Go into C:\Documents and Settings\your username\ and delete your
    IBM directory.
    Also, if it exists, go into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\
    and delete the IBM directory.
    (Make sure any projects you created in here you back up before deleting).
    8. Next go the Windows directory. Typically C:\Windows or C:\WINNT.
    Go into the IBM directory and remove the RAT60 directory and
    everything underneath it. (It may not be there so if you do not see
    then do not worry about it, I found one called RAM60 which i removed).
    9. Also you need to go into the registry (Start-Run-regedit)
    and delete the Functional Tester Keys below by right clicking on
    the key and deleting it.
    * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IBM\Rational
    * HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Rational Software\FT
    10. Then Reboot.
    Thanks a lot to this very detailed description. I'll give it a try on the next machine I have to update!

Regards,
    Raffaello
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Can't uninstall agent controller

‏2006-12-13T11:32:51Z  
    I had been running RFT 6.1.1.1 and Test Manager 2003...
    I uninstalled RFT to install RFT 7 beta. It went on with the older TestManager still installed.
    I worked for a few weeks with RFT 7 beta and now want to go to the released RFT 7.
    I unistalled RFT 7 beta and TestManager but get an error trying to uninstall the agent controller saying something is using it.
    RFT 7 won't install because the agent controller is installed.

How can I get the agent controller to uninstall?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re: Can't uninstall agent controller

‏2006-12-13T12:47:41Z  
    I had been running RFT 6.1.1.1 and Test Manager 2003...
    I uninstalled RFT to install RFT 7 beta. It went on with the older TestManager still installed.
    I worked for a few weeks with RFT 7 beta and now want to go to the released RFT 7.
    I unistalled RFT 7 beta and TestManager but get an error trying to uninstall the agent controller saying something is using it.
    RFT 7 won't install because the agent controller is installed.

How can I get the agent controller to uninstall?
    Please take a look at the reply that has been given by Mr. Michael Johnston to my previous question. He gave a detailed description on how to remove Rational Functional Tester.

Regards,
    Raffaello
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-13T13:00:17Z  
    Please take a look at the reply that has been given by Mr. Michael Johnston to my previous question. He gave a detailed description on how to remove Rational Functional Tester.

Regards,
    Raffaello
    Thanks, but I tried that, still didn't work.
    So, I deleted the registry keys and directories.
    I then tried to uninstall agent controller and it said it was already uninstalled (expected) and gave me the option of removing it from Add/Remove list. So I did. RFT 7 is now installed.

Moving onward.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Functional Tester 7.0 and Extension for Terminal-based Apps 1.0.1

‏2006-12-14T07:40:00Z  
    Hello,
    I've installed brand-new Functional Tester Version 7.0 and want to use the Extension for Terminal-based Applications. I have version 1.0.1 on CD. Can I install and use this with FT Version 7.0?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-18T20:54:06Z  
    Installed RFT 7 .NET using VS2003. CallScripts to scripts that reside in folders throw an exception:
    "The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'rtxftnet' does not match the assembly reference"

In contacting customer support they were not even aware that they were supporting this yet and didn't even have it installed. I am going to try to uninstall and go back to 6.1. I just hope that the new version didn't modify my projects such that I can't go back.
    I get this same problem. It must be due to migrating a project from Functional Tester 6.1 to 7.0. Can someone please take a look at a solution. I would really like to use RTF 7 but need the ablility to use callscript.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-19T16:37:06Z  
    I get this same problem. It must be due to migrating a project from Functional Tester 6.1 to 7.0. Can someone please take a look at a solution. I would really like to use RTF 7 but need the ablility to use callscript.
    I notice that the scripts that are being called do not run if they are run independently. When I run the failing scripts, the playback window flashes quickly and no log is created. I don't see any difference between the scripts that do run fine and the scripts that fail.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-19T19:34:20Z  
    I notice that the scripts that are being called do not run if they are run independently. When I run the failing scripts, the playback window flashes quickly and no log is created. I don't see any difference between the scripts that do run fine and the scripts that fail.
    Here is a possible solution if your scripts produced with RTF 6.1 dont compile when you try to run them with RFT 7.0. Make a new RFT project with RTF 7.0 and simple export them from the old project and import them into the new project.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-20T07:56:15Z  
    We did experience similar problems (we are using .NET scripting in Visual Studio 2005):

• Somtimes after starting playback of a simple test script execution of the script would return without executing any code and without generating a log file.

• Sometimes after starting recording within an existing script the record window would briefly appear and then close again.

Both symptoms were gone after restarting Visual Studio.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2006-12-20T14:44:54Z  
    We did experience similar problems (we are using .NET scripting in Visual Studio 2005):

• Somtimes after starting playback of a simple test script execution of the script would return without executing any code and without generating a log file.

• Sometimes after starting recording within an existing script the record window would briefly appear and then close again.

Both symptoms were gone after restarting Visual Studio.
    Yes, I think we have the same problem. I am also using .net scripting in Visual Studio 2005. Just restarting didn't seem to fix it for me. I am glad I got it working now though.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2007-01-03T14:40:11Z  
    Thanks, but I tried that, still didn't work.
    So, I deleted the registry keys and directories.
    I then tried to uninstall agent controller and it said it was already uninstalled (expected) and gave me the option of removing it from Add/Remove list. So I did. RFT 7 is now installed.

Moving onward.
    I had same probleem, the hard-coded deletion from regestry helped :)))))
  • denight
    denight
    1 Post

How to rollback to RFT 6.1

‏2007-01-04T05:29:24Z  
    We have used RFT 6.1 to create some scripts. After updated to RFT V7, those stripts are not able to replay properly. There is a warning message states that some incompatiablities issues with the updated version 7. It prompts me to convert the project to RFT V7. Since other team members are not updated to V7, If I updated the project, other team member won't able to run them successfully.
    So I have to rollback to RFT V7 to V6. so what steps are necessary?

unistall the RFT V7
    uninstall the Rational Agent Controller 7.0.1

Do I need to manually to remove the RFT's DLLs in the windows system32 folder?
    Thanks for your help!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2007-01-11T02:24:14Z  
    Do we have a linux version of RFT7 to try? I haven't found the download link for Linux platform but only Windows.

If the RFT7 Linux version is not available, what's the plan of supporting Linux by RFT7?

Regards,
    Charleys
  • curious123
    curious123
    1 Post

ClearQuest Test Manger installation problem

‏2007-01-11T12:56:55Z  
    Hi,

I have installed RFT 7.0 and CQ 7.0.0.1 (CQ v7 & last fix 7.0.0.1).
    Now I am trying to install clearquest plugin for eclipse in RFT 7.0.

I take plugin from Program Files/Rational/ClearQuest/eclipse.
    When I try to install ClearQuest TestManager I get error message:

Rational ClearQuest Test Manager (7.0.0) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.hyades.test.ui (3.3.0)", or compatible.

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

6.1.1.1 HTML Object Map rendered useless by upgrading to 7.0

‏2007-01-12T17:55:51Z  
    I have submitted an ESR for this issue I'm having but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this and if they were able to resolve it?

After upgrading Functional Tester from 6.1.1.1 to 7.0 I tried running a HTML VB .Net script which references an object map created in 6.1.1.1.

After starting Internet Explorer, the script was then unable to recognize the top level BrowerTestObject (Html.HtmlBrowser in the object map). I got the following exception:
    exception_name = Rational.Test.Ft.ObjectNotFoundException
    exception_message = Looking for BrowserTestObject(Name: Browser, Map: Browser) - no plausible candidate was found.

So I opened my object map, went to the 'Test Object' menu and selected 'Insert Objects'. I selected all of the objects from a web page already included in the object map hoping most would already match. Unfortunately, not one did starting with the root object.

The original root browser object had the following recognition parameters:

.browserName = MS Internet Explorer
    .class = HTML.HTMLBrowser

The new root object has the following recognition parameters:

.class = IEFrame
    .processName = IEXPLORE.EXE
    .text = browser title bar text

And the differences continue all of the way through the object map tree. My 6.1.1.1 'Html.HtmlDocument' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pane' objects within 'Shell DocObject View' objects, my 6.1.1.1 'Html.INPUT.button' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pushbutton' objects, and so on... And they all have different recognition parameters than the original objects.

Needless to say, my scripts no longer has any idea of what objects are on the screen. Do I need to reconstruct my entire object map, which includes 1000's of objects? Or is there something else I can do to get 7.0 to recognize my original objects?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re:6.1.1.1 HTML Object Map rendered useless by upgrading to 7.0

‏2007-01-12T18:14:54Z  
    I have submitted an ESR for this issue I'm having but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this and if they were able to resolve it?

After upgrading Functional Tester from 6.1.1.1 to 7.0 I tried running a HTML VB .Net script which references an object map created in 6.1.1.1.

After starting Internet Explorer, the script was then unable to recognize the top level BrowerTestObject (Html.HtmlBrowser in the object map). I got the following exception:
    exception_name = Rational.Test.Ft.ObjectNotFoundException
    exception_message = Looking for BrowserTestObject(Name: Browser, Map: Browser) - no plausible candidate was found.

So I opened my object map, went to the 'Test Object' menu and selected 'Insert Objects'. I selected all of the objects from a web page already included in the object map hoping most would already match. Unfortunately, not one did starting with the root object.

The original root browser object had the following recognition parameters:

.browserName = MS Internet Explorer
    .class = HTML.HTMLBrowser

The new root object has the following recognition parameters:

.class = IEFrame
    .processName = IEXPLORE.EXE
    .text = browser title bar text

And the differences continue all of the way through the object map tree. My 6.1.1.1 'Html.HtmlDocument' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pane' objects within 'Shell DocObject View' objects, my 6.1.1.1 'Html.INPUT.button' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pushbutton' objects, and so on... And they all have different recognition parameters than the original objects.

Needless to say, my scripts no longer has any idea of what objects are on the screen. Do I need to reconstruct my entire object map, which includes 1000's of objects? Or is there something else I can do to get 7.0 to recognize my original objects?
    That stinks. I haven't done the 7.0 upgrade so I don't know if your
    experience is expected/normal.

I have had to deal with major changes like this, though, due to
    wholesale modifications to the application being tested. The Find &
    Modify features of the Object Map saved me a lot of work. It's not
    going to be able to help you if there have been hierarchical changes, like:

My 6.1.1.1 'Html.HtmlDocument' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pane' objects
    within 'Shell DocObject View' objects

But if the property & value modifications seem consistent then you
    should be able to use "Find & Modify" to make the necessary changes.

That said, this seems like a really bad characteristic of the RFT 7.0
    upgrade.
    ghollingworth wrote:
    > I have submitted an ESR for this issue I'm having but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this and if they were able to resolve it?
    >
    > After upgrading Functional Tester from 6.1.1.1 to 7.0 I tried running a HTML VB .Net script which references an object map created in 6.1.1.1.
    >
    > After starting Internet Explorer, the script was then unable to recognize the top level BrowerTestObject (Html.HtmlBrowser in the object map). I got the following exception:
    > exception_name = Rational.Test.Ft.ObjectNotFoundException
    > exception_message = Looking for BrowserTestObject(Name: Browser, Map: Browser) - no plausible candidate was found.
    >
    > So I opened my object map, went to the 'Test Object' menu and selected 'Insert Objects'. I selected all of the objects from a web page already included in the object map hoping most would already match. Unfortunately, not one did starting with the root object.
    >
    > The original root browser object had the following recognition parameters:
    >
    > .browserName = MS Internet Explorer
    > .class = HTML.HTMLBrowser
    >
    > The new root object has the following recognition parameters:
    >
    > .class = IEFrame
    > .processName = IEXPLORE.EXE
    > .text = browser title bar text
    >
    > And the differences continue all of the way through the object map tree. My 6.1.1.1 'Html.HtmlDocument' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pane' objects within 'Shell DocObject View' objects, my 6.1.1.1 'Html.INPUT.button' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pushbutton' objects, and so on... And they all have different recognition parameters than the original objects.
    >
    > Needless to say, my scripts no longer has any idea of what objects are on the screen. Do I need to reconstruct my entire object map, which includes 1000's of objects? Or is there something else I can do to get 7.0 to recognize my original objects?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > _______________________________________________
    > func-test mailing list
    > func-test@lists.ca.ibm.com
    > Unsubscribe:func-test-leave@lists.ca.ibm.com
    >
    >
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2007-01-14T20:10:26Z  
    Problem starting 'Authoring Editor'

It will not start the editor pane. It gives me error

java.lang.NullPointerExcpetion

Problems occurred when creating editor or reading file.
    Plug-in Provider:.... IBM
    Plug-in Name:....... IBM Rational Manual Tester
    Plug-in ID:........... com.ibm.rational.test.mt
    Version:.............. 7.0.0.v200611151600

For further details check the .log file found in the .metadata directory of the workspace.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re: Re:6.1.1.1 HTML Object Map rendered useless by upgrading to 7.0

‏2007-01-17T13:45:53Z  
    That stinks. I haven't done the 7.0 upgrade so I don't know if your
    experience is expected/normal.

I have had to deal with major changes like this, though, due to
    wholesale modifications to the application being tested. The Find &
    Modify features of the Object Map saved me a lot of work. It's not
    going to be able to help you if there have been hierarchical changes, like:

My 6.1.1.1 'Html.HtmlDocument' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pane' objects
    within 'Shell DocObject View' objects

But if the property & value modifications seem consistent then you
    should be able to use "Find & Modify" to make the necessary changes.

That said, this seems like a really bad characteristic of the RFT 7.0
    upgrade.
    ghollingworth wrote:
    > I have submitted an ESR for this issue I'm having but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this and if they were able to resolve it?
    >
    > After upgrading Functional Tester from 6.1.1.1 to 7.0 I tried running a HTML VB .Net script which references an object map created in 6.1.1.1.
    >
    > After starting Internet Explorer, the script was then unable to recognize the top level BrowerTestObject (Html.HtmlBrowser in the object map). I got the following exception:
    > exception_name = Rational.Test.Ft.ObjectNotFoundException
    > exception_message = Looking for BrowserTestObject(Name: Browser, Map: Browser) - no plausible candidate was found.
    >
    > So I opened my object map, went to the 'Test Object' menu and selected 'Insert Objects'. I selected all of the objects from a web page already included in the object map hoping most would already match. Unfortunately, not one did starting with the root object.
    >
    > The original root browser object had the following recognition parameters:
    >
    > .browserName = MS Internet Explorer
    > .class = HTML.HTMLBrowser
    >
    > The new root object has the following recognition parameters:
    >
    > .class = IEFrame
    > .processName = IEXPLORE.EXE
    > .text = browser title bar text
    >
    > And the differences continue all of the way through the object map tree. My 6.1.1.1 'Html.HtmlDocument' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pane' objects within 'Shell DocObject View' objects, my 6.1.1.1 'Html.INPUT.button' objects appear to be 7.0 '.Pushbutton' objects, and so on... And they all have different recognition parameters than the original objects.
    >
    > Needless to say, my scripts no longer has any idea of what objects are on the screen. Do I need to reconstruct my entire object map, which includes 1000's of objects? Or is there something else I can do to get 7.0 to recognize my original objects?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > _______________________________________________
    > func-test mailing list
    > func-test@lists.ca.ibm.com
    > Unsubscribe:func-test-leave@lists.ca.ibm.com
    >
    >
    My problem has been resolved. I must've missed something (either a directory or registry entry) when uninstalling all of my 6.1.1.1. components.

From my IBM support guy:

1. When uninstalling RFT 6.x version, you need to always do a clean uninstall. Removing the product through Control Panel/Add Remove programs does not always clean up everything.
    You need to go into the registry and clean it up and then remove the folders. We have seen mutiple instances where not doing this has resulted in weird behavior and when a reinstall is done.

2. User permission's/settings are very key to using RFT. The browser settings depends can differ from user to user. So the way RFT talks to the browser can differ too.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

Re: Re:6.1.1.1 HTML Object Map rendered useless by upgrading to 7.0

‏2007-01-18T16:05:27Z  
    My problem has been resolved. I must've missed something (either a directory or registry entry) when uninstalling all of my 6.1.1.1. components.

From my IBM support guy:

1. When uninstalling RFT 6.x version, you need to always do a clean uninstall. Removing the product through Control Panel/Add Remove programs does not always clean up everything.
    You need to go into the registry and clean it up and then remove the folders. We have seen mutiple instances where not doing this has resulted in weird behavior and when a reinstall is done.

2. User permission's/settings are very key to using RFT. The browser settings depends can differ from user to user. So the way RFT talks to the browser can differ too.
    any more specific advice? i just upgraded my workstation to 7 to try it before upgrading my group and i'm having the same problem. before installing 7 i uninstalled 6.1 and did a search through my registry for RFT items. I only found one for RFT, everything else was ClearCase. 7 installed fine, and I could import my project, but when i tried to run it failed right off the bat because it couldn't find an object. if it is so picky about registry keys, it would be nice if rational deleted the keys on uninstall since they put them there in the first place. i have no problem modifying my registry, but i don't know for sure which ones need to go.