• 232 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-10-14T15:39:00Z by SystemAdmin
msiegel
msiegel
23 Posts

Pinned topic V7 installation/transition issues

‏2006-12-05T15:29:30Z |
Hello Development Tool community,
Today IBM Rational announced the new IBM Rational Software Delivery Platform desktop products V7 (http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/announce/dt). This release includes several of the products discussed in this forum.

We are initiating this thread to be a home for issues relating to the new release. Items relating to installation and transition are most appropriate. If you have questions or answers, concerns, ideas, or relevant experience in moving forward with this release, please post your thoughts here.

Please consider modifying the subject to best fit your specific message.
Yours, Marc

Marc Siegel
IBM Rational developerWorks Community Manager
408.463.5278, email: marcsiegel at us.ibm.com, AIM: marcsiegel10
Updated on 2011-10-14T15:39:00Z at 2011-10-14T15:39:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Migration from WSAD 5.1 to RAD 7

‏2006-12-06T22:21:00Z  
    We are upgrading to RAD v7 and WAS 6.1 from WSAD 5.1 and WAS 5.1. Is there any way to migrate a WSAD 5.1 server project to a WAS 6.1 server profile? Or will we be forced to create brand new server profiles in 6.1 and configure them manually? I am very hopeful that there is a migration solution, as we have many application servers.

Thanks,
    Erick
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Re: V7 installation/transition issues

‏2006-12-07T08:32:54Z  
    Hi,

Tried installing RAD 7 yesterday, but when i try to start it it crashes during "Loading com.ibm.etools.model2.base" with JVM Terminated. Exit code=8096.

Details:
    Shared Resources Directory: C:\RAD7\shared\SDP70Shared
    Installation Location Directory: C:\RAD7\RAD7
    Eclipse IDE: C:\RAD7\RAD7

IBM® Rational® Application Developer 7.0.0 (Internal Version 7.0.0.20061118_0725)
    Features:
    Code review
    Crystal Reports tools
    Data tools
    J2EE Connector (J2C) tools
    J2EE and Web services development tools
    IBM® JRE 1.5.0
    Java client application editor (JVE)
    Plug-in Development Environment (PDE)
    Rational Unified Process® (RUP) Process Advisor and Process Browser
    Software Development Platform core
    Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP)
    Visualization editors
    IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, version 6.1
    WebSphere® Application Server compile-time dependencies
    WebSphere® Application Server development tools
    Web Development Tools
    I have RAD6 already installed on the machine.

Regards,

Fredrik
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2006-12-08T08:21:06Z  
    Hi,

Tried installing RAD 7 yesterday, but when i try to start it it crashes during "Loading com.ibm.etools.model2.base" with JVM Terminated. Exit code=8096.

Details:
    Shared Resources Directory: C:\RAD7\shared\SDP70Shared
    Installation Location Directory: C:\RAD7\RAD7
    Eclipse IDE: C:\RAD7\RAD7

IBM® Rational® Application Developer 7.0.0 (Internal Version 7.0.0.20061118_0725)
    Features:
    Code review
    Crystal Reports tools
    Data tools
    J2EE Connector (J2C) tools
    J2EE and Web services development tools
    IBM® JRE 1.5.0
    Java client application editor (JVE)
    Plug-in Development Environment (PDE)
    Rational Unified Process® (RUP) Process Advisor and Process Browser
    Software Development Platform core
    Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP)
    Visualization editors
    IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, version 6.1
    WebSphere® Application Server compile-time dependencies
    WebSphere® Application Server development tools
    Web Development Tools
    I have RAD6 already installed on the machine.

Regards,

Fredrik
    I also tried re-installing RAD7 with the option of extending an existing eclipse installation (3.2.1 plus released patches). This is not the installation i want since it is using Sun JDK 1.5.08 and thus it doesnt allow me to install WAS 6.1 and some other features.

However, this installation is also crashing at startup, but this time with Exit code=1.

Im on Windows XP Professional SP2
    2GB RAM
    3 Ghz CPU
    Internet Explorer 7.0

I should also note that it is the Trial version im trying to install/run. Everybody on our team are using RAD6 right now, but we want to upgrade.

Thanks for any information on what could be causing this.
    Regards,

/Fredrik
  • elust
    elust
    2 Posts

WPF 6.0 on RSA 7.0

‏2006-12-10T17:52:21Z  
    Dear Sirs.

We tried installing Websphere Portlet Factory 6.0 into the newly released
    Rational Software Architect 7.0.

However the WPF's installation-routine couldn't figure into which location
    to install, It did not see the location of RSA7.0 installation.
    (It did displayed the location of the RSA 6.0, which I have still installed,
    till I see RSA 7.0 properly working with WPF 6.0).

Would you have any advice. Can WPF 6.0, today work with this RSA release 7.0?

Many thanks

John W.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Re: V7 installation/transition issues - Installation Error During WAS61 install phase

‏2006-12-11T13:47:31Z  
    I am attempting to install RAD7 on my IBM Laptop (Windows XP SP2). I previously had RAD 6.0.2.5 and uninstalled it completely before attempting the RAD 7 install. Using the Launchpad and Installation Manager, it appears to work up until the point where WAS6.1 installs. Right after running WAS61Install.bat and then ManageProfiles.bat, it starts removing all of the plug-ins and then ends with the following error message:

Error installing IBM® Rational® Application Developer
    Error during "install" phase:
    Error executing "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\bin\manageprofiles.bat" operation (status=255).
    See agent output log for more information: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Installation Manager\logs\native\20061211_0811.log

When I look at the referenced log file, all it contains is the following message

'P¤ ' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

I looked at the batch file (which I found in the runtime directory and it contained no characters that looked like what is in the logfile.

Any suggestions? I have repeated this condition several times so it is not a random corruption.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2006-12-11T14:37:43Z  
    I have installed the RAD 7 trial and have tried to create a Websphere Portal v6.0 server but when I try and start the server I get the following error:

Exception com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.NoServerDefinedException: No configuration defined for server: WebSphere_Portal

Any ideas?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Problem Running a Portlet Project on WebSphere 5.1 UTE

‏2006-12-12T05:01:14Z  
    Hi
    I've just installed RAD 7 and loaded a portlet project created in RAD 6. When I try and run the portlet on WebSphere Portal 5.1 Test environment, I get a dialog saying An XML Access failure has occured whil starting the Portal Test Environment.

In the portal logs I'm getting the following stack trace
    2006.12.12 14:17:19.722 E com.ibm.wps.command.xml.Engine XMLEngine
    com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0043E: An error occurred while creating or updating the resource. http://web-app uid=qtcoracleportlets.QTCOraclePortletsPortlet.1a56e163f0.webmod
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.execItem(UpdateEngine.java:204)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.processItem(UpdateEngine.java:135)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.updatePortal(UpdateEngine.java:73)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.Engine.process(Engine.java:260)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommand.execute(XmlCommand.java:147)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandServlet.process(XmlCommandServlet.java:260)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandServlet.doPost(XmlCommandServlet.java:207)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java:283)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java:42)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:76)
    at com.ibm.wps.mappingurl.impl.URLAnalyzer.doFilter(URLAnalyzer.java:216)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:132)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:71)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:1040)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:600)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:201)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:125)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:286)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:71)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContext.java:116)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:186)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:334)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:56)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:624)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:458)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:912)
    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.command.CommandFailedException: EJPPD0015E: Portlet application manager failed when user xmlaccess scripting user executed command InstallWebApplication.
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AbstractApplicationsCommand.throwAppMgrException(AbstractApplicationsCommand.java:532)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallWebApplicationCommand.execute(InstallWebApplicationCommand.java:124)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.items.PackageItem.createNormal(PackageItem.java:377)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.items.PackageItem.create(PackageItem.java:333)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.execItem(UpdateEngine.java:179)
    ... 32 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.exceptions.WarIOException: EJPPF0178E: Resource bundle au.com.qtc.customerranking.investment.controller.nl.CustRankByMarketValueControllerResource could not be loaded for locale en_AU.
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.addLocaleSpecificPortletData(DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.java:1462)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.getPortletApplicationInfo(DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.java:1226)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractPortletDeploymentManagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractPortletDeploymentManagerImpl.java:614)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.java:1366)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.install(AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.java:402)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.installWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.java:559)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.installWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.java:484)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallWebApplicationCommand.execute(InstallWebApplicationCommand.java:114)
    ... 35 more
    Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name au.com.qtc.customerranking.investment.controller.nl.CustRankByMarketValueControllerResource, locale en_AU
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:825)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:794)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:682)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.addLocaleSpecificPortletData(DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.java:1439)
    ... 42 more
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

V7 installation/transition issues

‏2006-12-12T17:16:22Z  
    Where are the installers for the following located at? I habe downloaded the trial version of this software.

WebSphere® Portal V6.0 test environment
    WebSphere® Portal V5.1.0.1 test environment
    Rational® Agent Controller
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2006-12-12T21:21:15Z  
    I am having problems getting a 5.1 test environment migrated into RAD 7.

In RAD 6, I have my server configuration stored in a Clearcase view, as opposed to workspace, so all developers can get a view and run the server wo/configuration changes.

When I import this existing server project, I get no 5.1 server in the Servers view. I tried both by importing the existing project into the workspace as well as by migrating a RAD 6 workspace into RAD 7. Neither worked as desired.

Worst (functional) case, I have to create a new server and it's configuration from scratch. But I cannot get this newly created server "out" of the workspace and "into" my view so I can store in Clearcase.

Any ideas on how to make this work in RAD 7 as it did in RAD 6?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Re: Problem Running a Portlet Project on WebSphere 5.1 UTE

‏2006-12-12T23:40:20Z  
    Hi
    I've just installed RAD 7 and loaded a portlet project created in RAD 6. When I try and run the portlet on WebSphere Portal 5.1 Test environment, I get a dialog saying An XML Access failure has occured whil starting the Portal Test Environment.

In the portal logs I'm getting the following stack trace
    2006.12.12 14:17:19.722 E com.ibm.wps.command.xml.Engine XMLEngine
    com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0043E: An error occurred while creating or updating the resource. http://web-app uid=qtcoracleportlets.QTCOraclePortletsPortlet.1a56e163f0.webmod
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.execItem(UpdateEngine.java:204)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.processItem(UpdateEngine.java:135)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.updatePortal(UpdateEngine.java:73)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.Engine.process(Engine.java:260)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommand.execute(XmlCommand.java:147)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandServlet.process(XmlCommandServlet.java:260)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandServlet.doPost(XmlCommandServlet.java:207)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java:283)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java:42)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:76)
    at com.ibm.wps.mappingurl.impl.URLAnalyzer.doFilter(URLAnalyzer.java:216)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:132)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:71)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:1040)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:600)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:201)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:125)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:286)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:71)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContext.java:116)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:186)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:334)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:56)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:624)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:458)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:912)
    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.command.CommandFailedException: EJPPD0015E: Portlet application manager failed when user xmlaccess scripting user executed command InstallWebApplication.
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AbstractApplicationsCommand.throwAppMgrException(AbstractApplicationsCommand.java:532)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallWebApplicationCommand.execute(InstallWebApplicationCommand.java:124)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.items.PackageItem.createNormal(PackageItem.java:377)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.items.PackageItem.create(PackageItem.java:333)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.UpdateEngine.execItem(UpdateEngine.java:179)
    ... 32 more
    Caused by: com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.exceptions.WarIOException: EJPPF0178E: Resource bundle au.com.qtc.customerranking.investment.controller.nl.CustRankByMarketValueControllerResource could not be loaded for locale en_AU.
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.addLocaleSpecificPortletData(DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.java:1462)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.getPortletApplicationInfo(DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.java:1226)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractPortletDeploymentManagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractPortletDeploymentManagerImpl.java:614)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.getApplicationInfo(AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.java:1366)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.install(AbstractDeploymentManagerImpl.java:402)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.installWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.java:559)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.installWebModule(AbstractApplicationManagerImpl.java:484)
    at com.ibm.wps.command.applications.InstallWebApplicationCommand.execute(InstallWebApplicationCommand.java:114)
    ... 35 more
    Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name au.com.qtc.customerranking.investment.controller.nl.CustRankByMarketValueControllerResource, locale en_AU
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:825)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:794)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:682)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.mgr.deployment.std.DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.addLocaleSpecificPortletData(DeploymentManagerStandardImpl.java:1439)
    ... 42 more
    As a continuation of my original problems, none of my RAD 6 portlet projects will deploy correctly to my Portal 5.1 test environment. It seems that the portal is not picking up resources in the JavaSource directory
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

UML Model 6.0.1.1 to 7.0

‏2006-12-13T14:09:57Z  
    We've an UML model built using the 6.0.1.1. When we open it with the 7.0 we've a lot of windows that says that a newer version of a profile exists. If we answer ok or Cancel to all these windows, RSA crachs ! :-(

Do you know if it exists some issues regarding the migration form 6.0.1.1 to 70 ?

Thanks
  • DaveH
    DaveH
    22 Posts

‏2006-12-13T19:55:42Z  
    How do you install the Activation Kit after a download?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2006-12-14T00:57:14Z  
    I also tried re-installing RAD7 with the option of extending an existing eclipse installation (3.2.1 plus released patches). This is not the installation i want since it is using Sun JDK 1.5.08 and thus it doesnt allow me to install WAS 6.1 and some other features.

However, this installation is also crashing at startup, but this time with Exit code=1.

Im on Windows XP Professional SP2
    2GB RAM
    3 Ghz CPU
    Internet Explorer 7.0

I should also note that it is the Trial version im trying to install/run. Everybody on our team are using RAD6 right now, but we want to upgrade.

Thanks for any information on what could be causing this.
    Regards,

/Fredrik
    JDK : IBM JDK1.5
    RAM : 512MB
    PROCESSOR : P4 2.4

This is the error message

INSTCONFFAILED: The profile could not be created. For more information, consult the /opt/IBM/SDP70/runtimes/base_v61/logs/manageprofiles/AppSrv01_create.log file

Message In AppSrv01_create.log

Creation of profile AppSrv01 at path /opt/IBM/SDP70/runtimes/base_v61/profiles/AppSrv01 failed
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Creation of profile AppSrv01 at path /opt/IBM/SDP70/runtimes/base_v61/profiles/AppSrv01 failed

‏2006-12-14T00:59:52Z  

INSTCONFFAILED: The profile could not be created. For more information, consult the /opt/IBM/SDP70/runtimes/base_v61/logs/manageprofiles/AppSrv01_create.log file

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2006-12-14T09:37:07Z  
    Experience: RSA V7 (Windows), slow repainting

1. Installed the RSA without problems
    2. Application starts normally, works normally.
    3. After several context switches between RSA and other applications (Firefox, Lotus), application freezes for seconds, repainting on diagram editor contents (e.g. UC diagram) slows down (>20 sec).
    4. Disabling animation in model preferences does not help
    5. Environment: T41, 2G Memory, XP-Prof SP2, Windows Task manager shows minimal CPU activity.
  • Jacek_Laskowski
    Jacek_Laskowski
    2 Posts

Re: Problem Running a Portlet Project on WebSphere 5.1 UTE

‏2006-12-14T22:18:53Z  
    As a continuation of my original problems, none of my RAD 6 portlet projects will deploy correctly to my Portal 5.1 test environment. It seems that the portal is not picking up resources in the JavaSource directory
    Hi,

I'm also experiencing this issue and what I could figure out so far was that a web server needed to be started up. The change is that the error message will change that might imply that it's a step in a right direction. In other words, although RAD 6 could deploy a portlet project to WP 5 UTE without a web server, it seems that RAD 7 cannot.

I don't know if it helps, but if you find a solution to this problem, please let us know what it is.

Jacek
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Cloudscape database support

‏2006-12-18T08:15:42Z  
    As a new RAD user, I try Hello World example, with new clean RAD 7 installation. I don't succeed with step 2 to create cloudscape tables. Database Connection and creation from DataBase Explorer succeed with defining manually cloudscape JDBC driver IBM\SDP70Shared\plugins\com.ibm.websphere.v51_5.1.100\libdb2j.jar in create new database wizard.

I don't succeed to create new scemas/tables under "dynamic webproject" or even "datadevelopment project. There wasn't any way to activate new table or database definition functionality.

There wasn't either any databases to select as default under Window/preferences/Data selection. (Window/Preferences/General/Cababilities/Data and DatabaseDeveloper are selected).

How can I install (cloudscape) database support to RAD IDE?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2006-12-18T09:48:26Z  
    • DaveH
    • ‏2006-12-13T19:55:42Z
    How do you install the Activation Kit after a download?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley

Use the installation manager.

Tang Tzong Yuh
    Rational User Group Leader

> How do you install the Activation Kit after a
    > download?
    >
    > Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    > - Aldous Huxley
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Portal UTE 6.0 on RAD 7.0

‏2006-12-18T13:24:31Z  
    Hi,

I am trying to install the portal 6.0 test environment but I did not get the option for installing it. Only "typical" and "custom". When I do select typical or custom it seems to be the normal install procedure. I found in the install.bat the command line:

%BACKGROUND% winwpinstall.exe -W config.arguments=-DskipWTP=true -W defaults.cdLocation="%BASEDIR% " %*

What does the skipWTP=true means ?

Regards
    JAn
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2006-12-19T17:36:15Z  

Tang Tzong Yuh

> download?
    >
    > - Aldous Huxley
    Is there any way to script this? I've successfully added a license through IM, though I'd rather install this silently as part of our automated install.
  • tbaseden
    tbaseden
    8 Posts

‏2006-12-20T17:20:14Z  

Above one of the users was installing into Ubuntu Linux. This isn't one of the supported operating systems. Sorry.
  • tbaseden
    tbaseden
    8 Posts

‏2006-12-20T17:25:57Z  
    Where are the installers for the following located at? I habe downloaded the trial version of this software.

WebSphere® Portal V6.0 test environment
    WebSphere® Portal V5.1.0.1 test environment
    Rational® Agent Controller
    There are no Trial versions of these optionals. If you want to get them you need to purchase the product.

In this release, all products start life as a Trial. If you install and want to enable permanent licensing, purchase the product and you will be given access to the download site to get the available optionals.
  • tbaseden
    tbaseden
    8 Posts

‏2006-12-20T17:30:19Z  

Tang Tzong Yuh

> download?
    >
    > - Aldous Huxley
    Information on using and enabling licensing are found in the Install Guide for the product in question.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

More than 1 Enterprise App using same Java Project as Web Library Causes Server View to Break

‏2006-12-21T19:12:51Z  
    Posted this in a separate thread prior to this, but I honestly think this one is rather glaring (and it's a show stopper for us). The good this is that it's so obvious and easy to recreate...at least on the machines we've tried. All the workstations are identical.

Environment:
    CPU - Pentium D 3.20GHz
    RAM - 3.5GB
    OS - Windows XP SP2+
    Rational Application Developer 7

Recreation Process:
    • This was all done with NO 3rd party plugins & a fresh install of RAD7
    1) Start with new workspace
    2) Create EnterpriseApp1, allow to create web module
    3) Deploy to WAS6.1 Test Environment to ensure operation (works)
    4) Create EnterpriseApp2, allow to create another separate web module
    5) Deploy to WAS6.1 Test Environment to ensure operation (works)
    6) Create Java Project ("Shared Java Project")
    7) Assign "Shared Java Project" as a web library in the J2EE Module Dependencies dialog Web Project 1
    8) Start WAS6.1 to ensure operation (works)
    9) Assign "Shared Java Project" as a web library in the J2EE Module Dependencies dialog for Web Project 2
    10) Now, you can START the server, but try to Add/Remove Project, define a new server...nothing will happen and this will appear in the .log file of the workspace .metadata directory:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2006-12-21 13:10:15.211
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2006-12-21 13:10:15.211
    !MESSAGE java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    !STACK 0
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.page.ModifyModulesComposite.setServer(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.fragment.ModifyModulesWizardFragment.updateModules(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.fragment.ModifyModulesWizardFragment.getChildFragments(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.TaskWizard.addSubWizardFragments(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.TaskWizard.addSubWizardFragments(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.TaskWizard.getAllWizardFragments(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.TaskWizard.switchWizardFragment(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.wizard.TaskWizardPage.setVisible(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showStartingPage(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.actions.LaunchWizardAction.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)