Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2007-03-14T15:54:00Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2583 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Deploy from dev to live server ...

‏2006-11-30T10:09:10Z |
Hi all,

can someone point me to an documentation how to transfer portelts and konfigurations (content) from an development server to an live server. Is there a way to archive the certain WSE configuration and deploy this on another server?

On both systems are WSE 2.6 and DB2 installed - but boths systems do have a different full qualified domian name.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2007-03-14T15:54:00Z at 2007-03-14T15:54:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2583 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Deploy from dev to live server ...

‏2006-12-18T17:24:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

Well, you could use XMLAccess. In the Infocenter for Portal 5 (Not WSE) you will find a script which is made to export the complete configuration of the portal. It is used to move from a dev environment to a production environment.

The only thing i don´t like is the fact that that the fully qualified domains are different. Are the domains the same at least?

If your domains are different then, when you try to login to the portal you will get (Maybe) into a loop where no error appear but it doesn´t let you login. This is caused by the different domain of the WSE and the Directory. You could always change it in the security file but sometimes it doesn´t work.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sebastian "Jack" Fratini
    sebastian.fratini@itcon.com.ar
    I+D - Itcon Argentina
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2583 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Deploy from dev to live server ...

‏2007-03-14T15:54:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you for your post - i'll try this.

Regards,
      Akbiyik