• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-04T17:22:59Z by Lhasadad
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
13279 Posts

Pinned topic Resource Monitor Process Names

‏2006-11-28T20:22:35Z |
Hi,

I have three or four java apps running that I would like to individually monitor with Resource Monitor. Unfortunately Resource Monitor only looks at the process name (java) so they all get lumped together. Does anyone know a way to differentiate them (parameters?) so I can have individual alerts etc?

Cheers,
Andrew
Updated on 2013-04-04T17:22:59Z at 2013-04-04T17:22:59Z by Lhasadad
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

Re: Resource Monitor Process Names

‏2010-09-03T10:59:14Z  
    Hi,

I've nearly the same problem under director 6.2.
    There are 3 processes with the same name on multiple machines and i've to watch if one of them stops.
    Is there a way to count them and sent an event if only two or one or none of three are running?

Thanks
    Robert
  • Lhasadad
    Lhasadad
    108 Posts

‏2010-09-05T18:01:14Z  
    Hi,

I've nearly the same problem under director 6.2.
    There are 3 processes with the same name on multiple machines and i've to watch if one of them stops.
    Is there a way to count them and sent an event if only two or one or none of three are running?

Thanks
    Robert
    Yes, there is. once you have created the monitor on process monitor task. go to the monitor task and create a view there. go to your system -> Director Agent -> Process Monitors (or something like that) -> your process name -> and then there are a set of monitorable items here. one should be a running instance count. set a threshold against that and then go create an event filter that you can add to an automation plan.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

‏2010-09-07T11:28:52Z  
    • Lhasadad
    • ‏2010-09-05T18:01:14Z
    Yes, there is. once you have created the monitor on process monitor task. go to the monitor task and create a view there. go to your system -> Director Agent -> Process Monitors (or something like that) -> your process name -> and then there are a set of monitorable items here. one should be a running instance count. set a threshold against that and then go create an event filter that you can add to an automation plan.
    thank you, i found it like you described it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

‏2013-04-02T20:50:49Z  
    thank you, i found it like you described it.
    Hi all,

I have the same issue, I have ISD 6.3.2, I want to monitor processes with the same name by separately. I have 10 (java) processes. please some advice.

Thanks
  • Lhasadad
    Lhasadad
    108 Posts

‏2013-04-04T17:22:59Z  
    Hi all,

I have the same issue, I have ISD 6.3.2, I want to monitor processes with the same name by separately. I have 10 (java) processes. please some advice.

Thanks
    As Director currently ships, the path of the executable is not included in the monitor id. the monitor is an aggregate of all the process of that name.

If you need to make sure that 8 java processes are running you could set up a threshold to tell you when the count of running java's is less than 8.