Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2007-04-11T11:16:18Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
160 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic PACK for SAP R/3 and SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP

‏2006-11-16T17:24:37Z |
Hello,

I'm using BAPI to extract the list of flights from my MiniSAP system. Based on the list of IDs, a second job calls Flight.GetDetail BAPI method to return the flight details for each flight.
If I specify one export parameter I can get the flight data without problems.
I have the PACK for SAP R/3 stage with a transformer and a sequential file.
However, when I specify that I want 2 or more parameters exported by the PACK for SAP R/3 stage, the job will not work and abort.
The only things I change is to specify a second export parameter in the PACK for SAP R/3 stage, modify the transformer to include the new columns in the output which is written to the sequential file.

Is there something I'm missing?

The log does not offer any useful info:
Info: Flight_GetDetailToFilesOnly..Transformer: DSD.StageRun Active stage starting, tracemode = 1.
Info: Flight_GetDetailToFilesOnly..MiniSAP: Using NLS map MS1252
Info: Flight_GetDetailToFilesOnly..MiniSAP: Logged on to SAP using Datastage "DOTDEV" connection details
Info: Flight_GetDetailToFilesOnly..FlightData: Using project default NLS map MS1252
Info: Flight_GetDetailToFilesOnly..FlightAvailability: Using project default NLS map MS1252
Warning: Abnormal termination of stage Flight_GetDetailToFilesOnly..Transformer detected
Info: Job Flight_GetDetailToFilesOnly aborted.

Thank you,
P
Updated on 2007-04-11T11:16:18Z at 2007-04-11T11:16:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    160 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: PACK for SAP R/3 and SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP

‏2007-04-11T11:16:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    [i]I change is to specify a second export parameter in the PACK for SAP R/3 stage, modify the transformer to include the new columns in the output [/i]

Not sure if I understand but BAPIs have a fixed structure so if you need to extract multiple flight details, that would mean multiple rows not extra parameters and columns. Please clarify.