Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2006-11-15T19:23:14Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
161 Posts

Pinned topic Error for MYSQL password, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‏2006-11-05T00:05:56Z |
Hi,
I have this problem entering the password for mysql on page 10 part3 :
Listing 5. Importing default Drupal SQL database

I entered what it says in listing 5, but it gave me error for password.

I entered the password I entered for drupal_user and it gave me this error:
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 6: Table 'access' already exists

I entered the same password inside single quote it gave me this error:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'drupal_user'@'localhost' (using pass
word: YES)

I have no idea what is wrong here. Please help!
Updated on 2006-11-15T19:23:14Z at 2006-11-15T19:23:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    161 Posts

Re: Error for MYSQL password, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‏2006-11-15T19:23:14Z  

It sounds like there are two problems here.

If you already had a table called 'access' in the database (aka schema), then you probably tried to import the drupal sql more than once. That would cause the error...
    ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 6: Table 'access' already exists

I'd use phpmyadmin or the mysql admin GUI tool to drop the drupal database, and recreate it before trying to import again. If there aren't too many tables created in your drupal database already, you could drop them individually to save you having to recreate the database from scratch.

The password error is not so obvious. If you have consistently used the same password as that you created in Listing 3, then there should be no reason why mysql would reject an authenticated command. I remember having an issue with using a password of 6 chars or less on my windows system. The password length limitation is an operating system issue. More information here, http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/user-names.html

Using the root account, not drupal_user, password you set up when you installed mysql on windows, you can change or reset the drupal_user password.

Also, I know you've not hit this yet, but, if you get an error like, "error 1364 (hy000) line 803: field 'page' doesn't have a default value", then use the solution described at http://drupal.org/node/43316

Not sure how much this really helps but I hope it gives you some leads. Good luck!