Can someone tell me if with IBM Forms solution is possible to:
1) Add barcode to a form (I can´t see this objects in the Designer);
2) Add dynamic lines of data while the user is entering data. For instance, if the form is an invoice, is it possible to create dynamically invoice order details dynamically (as the user is entering data and needs additional order items)?
3) Integrate with IBM content manager?
Thank you all.
This topic has been locked.
3 replies Latest Post - 2013-04-26T06:53:13Z by hawoof
Pinned topic Some questions
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2007-07-16T02:39:58Z at 2007-07-16T02:39:58Z by SystemAdmin
Requires additional coding2006-10-24T17:17:08Z in response to SystemAdminIt is possible to do these things, however not necessarily right out-of-the-box.
1) Barcode: The product does not have built-in barcode functionality, but it can be added by writing some custom code (IFX extension) that integrates w/ a third-party barcode API. There have been some IFX extensions written previously that I have seen in demos, but I am not aware of any that are publically available.
2) Dynamic rows of data can be added as the user tabs out of the last input item of a row, or clicks on an "add" type button. Check out the "table" wizard in Designer 2.6.1 which will help create a table with add/remove buttons.
3) Integration w/ CM is possible using the CM APIs. The level of difficulty will depend on what it is you need to do. Putting a form into CM is relatively trivial for a developer familiar w/ CM (< 10 lines of code for simply saving a form).
Re: Some questions2007-07-16T02:39:58Z in response to SystemAdminISSL (IBM Software Services for Lotus) has a offering that can provide both 1D and 2D bar codes for Workplace Forms. Details include:
- Provides assistance in embedding bar code generation technology into electronic forms, deploying the bar code generator asset in the client environment, conducting integration testing, and enabling IT staff on how to leverage bar code generation technology in other forms.
- Bar code features include support for Forms Viewer and Zero-Footprint (Webforms Server), ability to generate multiple bar codes per page including 1D and 2D barcodes, and error and redundancy correction.
For more information, contact the ISSL in your area: http://www.lotus.com/services
This reply was deleted by hawoof 2700061YM5 2013-04-26T06:52:36Z.