Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2006-10-20T18:03:34Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
162 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Feedback to part 7

‏2006-10-03T19:04:12Z |
If you have any feedback to 'Structuring content for theming using XHTML' (http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/ibm/library/i-osource7/) then please post it here.

Thank you!
Updated on 2006-10-20T18:03:34Z at 2006-10-20T18:03:34Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    162 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Feedback to part 7

‏2006-10-19T03:20:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Overall this tutorial is very good. It is a much needed tutorial on using Drupal, and I am very grateful for the work put into it.

However, one of the frustrating aspects of the tutorial, is that it is unclear whether or not this is a tutorial in which we are given all the code necessary to reproduce your results, or if this is the type of tutorial where you are just going to go over ideas, without giving us all the code.

For example, before listing 7, you mention:

"You can see from Listing 7 that for the Workgroups and Conferences sections, a function from the workgroups and conference modules provide a list of items that are rendered as list items."

But what are the "workgroups" and "conference" modules?

It is unclear on whether or not we have been given the code necessary to reproduce the screenshots of Figure 4 or 5. I am beginning to realize that we have not been given all the code necessary for that, but it would make the tutorial better if that was made clearer.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      162 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-10-19T15:02:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for your comments. Apart from Parts 3 and 4, these articles weren't intended as tutorials. Sorry if that is not clear.

The announcement.module we talk about in some articles will be made available as a download shortly. So hopefully this will clarify some of what we talk about.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        162 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-10-20T18:03:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Thanks for clearing that up. It might be good to make that more explicit up front it helps remove some of the frustration I was feeling.