What do you think is the most important feature that we should add to MydW?
For me it would be to include an RSS aggregator. Then we could add a new button to the list of web-based news readers buttons (e.g., My Yahoo, Bloglines, Google) on our RSS feeds page. And this would allow folks to pull in content external to ibm.com.
This topic has been locked.
3 replies Latest Post - 2006-09-21T16:30:36Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic The most important feature to add
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2006-09-21T16:30:36Z at 2006-09-21T16:30:36Z by SystemAdmin
Re: The most important feature to add2006-09-20T18:49:59Z in response to SystemAdminHi,
Also, we are working on some prototypes and would appreciate your input,
1. Allowing users to pull their tags from del.icio.us (and similar sites, please provide a list of sites).
2. Allow users to pull in redbooks.
3. Allow users to pull in their blogs from a non-dW site (users can see their blogs on dw currently). If so what sites would be relevant.
4. Have a scratchpad portlet. This portlet will allow users to enter free text, make it bold, underline, etc. and insert links, bullet list. Is this something that might be interesting ?
Durham NC 27713 USA
tdc 120000KWRW7 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: The most important feature to add2006-09-20T19:55:28Z in response to SystemAdmin1. Ability to select, from a menu, the portlets I want.
2. Ability to delete portlets.
3. Ability to apply different themes (like a OneX theme, or some non-OneX theme) using a simple selection list that shows a thumbnail of each theme's appearance.
Re: The most important feature to add2006-09-21T16:30:36Z in response to tdcFor mydw, I like what Tom and CJ had:
- choose/add/delete from a list of portlets
- tags from other sites
- the scratch pad is a good idea but here is another possibility, a journal that keep tracks of any comments/notes you want to write about any particular URL. This is basically a notebook/journal for your own use e.g., when you read an article/tutorial, a post, etc. and what to save something you remembered. This journal portlet should keep track of each URL related to the note you're writing, and perhaps if you come back to that article/post you'll see this portlet somewhere near the top.
Think of it like having the ability to paste post-its/stickies onto the site, just for yourself.