Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2006-07-24T05:15:26Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
237 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Authentication failed

‏2006-07-19T08:50:43Z |
In WEA 5.1 , when we try to get synchronize with server , it gives me error as Authentication failed on PDA. And the error on server is as follows...

beaa3ae Helpers W NMSV0610I: A NamingException is being thrown from a javax.naming.Context implementation. Details follow:
Context implementation: com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl
Context method: lookupExt
Context name: iris/nodes/iris/servers/IBMDB2eServer
Target name: jdbc/wmmDS
Other data:
Exception stack trace: com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException: Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object. Root exception is java.lang.Exception: Attempted to use a 5.0 DataSource outside of a 2.3 servlet

This authentication failed is nothing to do with authentication. I have checked user id and password. It is right.. it must be something else.. pl help me..Thanks in advance
Updated on 2006-07-24T05:15:26Z at 2006-07-24T05:15:26Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    237 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Authentication failed

‏2006-07-24T05:15:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi everybody , the solution for this problem is to change the WEA server's date to four months back and it works fine. I think it is problem with server date. If it crosses some date it stops working and gives error like "Authentication failed , can not access data source 5.0 without serlet 2.3". But when I changed the date , it is working fine . PL tell me if someone faced the same problem and what is the proper solution. Is there any fix pack provided by IBM to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.