Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-08T15:35:34Z by Surendiran
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2233 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WASCE no longer comes up

‏2006-07-16T02:14:53Z |
I'm stuck and would like help (TIA). I am working through the Auction projects from DW, using WASCE 1.0.1.2 and Derby DB included. I have the server project completed and tested. In doing the client project, I got to the first test, of the index.html page. I got an error (could not publish...). I checked and had a capitalization issue which I changed. Now, when I start WASCE, I get this error in my server.log file and it always fails to come up. Is there a way to recover and fix this?

<other INFO and DEBUG lines in front of this deleted>
19:02:16,734 DEBUG GBeanSingleReference Waiting to start geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=Trade,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=daytrader-web-1.0.war because no targets are running for the dependency matching the patternspatterns geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=Trade,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=TradeDataSource,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=jdbc/TradeDataSource

19:02:16,844 DEBUG GBeanSingleReference Waiting to start geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=Trade,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=daytrader-web-1.0.war because no targets are running for the dependency matching the patternspatterns geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=Trade,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=TradeJMS,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=jms/TopicConnectionFactory

19:02:18,859 DEBUG GBeanSingleReference Waiting to start geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=ConvertEAR,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=Convert.war because no targets are running for reference J2EEApplication matching the patterns geronimo.server:J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=J2EEApplication,name=ConvertEAR

19:02:18,984 ERROR EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet Unable to find config file. Creating new servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd
19:02:19,766 ERROR Daemon Exception caught while starting configurations. Exception=org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No configuration with id: AuctionWebClient/AuctionWebClient
19:02:22,344 WARN GeronimoConnectionEventListener connectionErrorOccurred called with null

SQL Exception: No current connection.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commit(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedXAConnection.localTransactionStart(ManagedXAConnection.java:89)
at org.tranql.connector.AbstractManagedConnection$LocalTransactionImpl.begin(AbstractManagedConnection.java:188)
at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.setAutoCommit(ConnectionHandle.java:161)
at org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:126)
at org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.java:76)
at org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$8be8a0a0.invoke(<generated>)
at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
at org.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapter$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$5d313cf.beginTransaction(<generated>)
at org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:158)
at org.activemq.util.TransactionTemplate.run(TransactionTemplate.java:38)
at org.activemq.store.journal.JournalMessageStore.checkpoint(JournalMessageStore.java:227)
at org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter$3.run(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:357)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.QueuedExecutor$RunLoop.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)
19:02:22,344 ERROR JournalPersistenceAdapter Failed to checkpoint a message store: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create transaction: SQL Exception: No current connection.
javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create transaction: SQL Exception: No current connection.
at org.activemq.util.JMSExceptionHelper.newJMSException(JMSExceptionHelper.java:49)
at org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:130)
at org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.java:76)
at org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$8be8a0a0.invoke(<generated>)
at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
at org.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapter$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$5d313cf.beginTransaction(<generated>)
at org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:158)
at org.activemq.util.TransactionTemplate.run(TransactionTemplate.java:38)
at org.activemq.store.journal.JournalMessageStore.checkpoint(JournalMessageStore.java:227)
at org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter$3.run(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:357)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.QueuedExecutor$RunLoop.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)
Caused by: SQL Exception: No current connection.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commit(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedXAConnection.localTransactionStart(ManagedXAConnection.java:89)
at org.tranql.connector.AbstractManagedConnection$LocalTransactionImpl.begin(AbstractManagedConnection.java:188)
at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.setAutoCommit(ConnectionHandle.java:161)
at org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:126)
... 16 more
Updated on 2013-03-08T15:35:34Z at 2013-03-08T15:35:34Z by Surendiran
  • drwoods
    drwoods
    306 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WASCE no longer comes up

‏2006-07-16T20:19:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Did you redeploy after fixing the capitalization problem (instead of undeploy and then a clean deploy of the updated app)?

At this point, you should be able to edit the var\config\config.xml file and remove the app you just deployed. After removing from the xml and deleting from the config-store, you should be able to start the server again.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-07-16T23:07:34Z  in response to drwoods
      Thanks you - deleting the entry in config.xml enables my server to come up cleanly again. Now, I'll be able to verify and re-try everything. Thanks very much!
      • Surendiran
        Surendiran
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-08T15:35:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        The worked for me as well (removing latest the entry in config.xml file )