Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-22T21:48:59Z by jtoledo
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7754 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is Command Stage supported in Unix environment

‏2004-02-13T19:57:47Z |
Can anyone tell me if command stage is supported in the Unix environment.
Updated on 2012-06-22T21:48:59Z at 2012-06-22T21:48:59Z by jtoledo
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7754 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is Command Stage supported in Unix environment

‏2004-02-15T17:33:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Every plug-in (= optional) stage type has its own PDF manual, in the Packages folder on your CD.
    As a general rule, unless otherwise stated in the manual, any stage type works on any platform on which the DataStage server may be installed.
    Since, on page 11 of the manual, it states that you can execute UNIX commands, I would be forced to conclude that the answer to your question is Yes.

And now some advice, since you're on your first post. Learn where the manuals are and how to navigate the on-line help. A lot of work has gone into both resources, and your effort will be rewarded by your becoming a more efficient developer.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7754 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2004-02-16T17:44:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Can anyone tell me if command stage is supported in the Unix environment.[/quote:f6f021327d]

what do you actually need to do? I dont believe we ship the command stage on the unix platform, although there are many ways to invoke a unix command to do something within datastage..

The flatfile stage now allows you to have a filter command on it..

this can be used to basically invoke a unix command and capture its output as a source..

in the filename put /dev/nul and on the filter command put whatever command or script is going to generate your output..

we used this successfully to uncompress a gzip file direct into the datastage flow...

likewise at the target side, you can append to /dev/null and have another filter command to say compress the data...

maybe post what you need to do and we (or someone) could suggets a possible solution...
    • jtoledo
      jtoledo
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-22T21:48:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Andrew,

With the trick you mentioned, is it possible to run the dsjob command? If so, would you please give more detail on how to set the parameters?

Thank you