Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2005-03-10T17:37:04Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
160 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to process large XML file

‏2005-02-23T13:11:46Z |
I am using the XML input stage to read in an XML file from a Folder stage and output it to a Sequential file. The job terminates when the file is large (30MB) but it can handle smaller files. I have my folder output set up with the first column as the XML filename and the second column as the XML document itself. I am thinking that the second column cannot handle containing the entire XML document being so large. Is there a way to handle this? I do not know how I can split the file because then the XML Input stage will not be able to parse incomplete bits of XML I do not think. Any suggestions? I was told I could also process these files as a sequential file and do parsing in a transformer. Are there any examples of how that is done?
Thanks.
Updated on 2005-03-10T17:37:04Z at 2005-03-10T17:37:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    160 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to process large XML file

‏2005-03-10T17:37:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Could you give a little more detail like:

Which version of DataStage you are using...
    Which version of the XML stage you are using etc.... (there's more than one version - though the 2.0 version first started shipping around release 6.0 if I remember correctly)
    Cheers

Steve