3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-10-20T01:09:06Z by Harji_Dhingra
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
160 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Siebel Pack

‏2004-02-21T21:49:54Z |
Hi
I'm trying to connect to the business components...
when try to browse thru...ouput tab....my found edit button to add the business component...it shows me data source name is not available...
i'm giving all the dsn, userid, pwd, and gateway...everything...

need tips on this stage or any related materials..
Thank You
Updated on 2011-10-20T01:09:06Z at 2011-10-20T01:09:06Z by Harji_Dhingra
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    160 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Siebel Pack

‏2004-02-26T17:30:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You must specify a DSN for the DataStage client to browse the Siebel metadata. This DSN data is entered on the Stage/General tab. You must then insure that this DSN is configured on your DataStage client Windows workstation. If the DSN you have entered is only configured on your DataStage server then you will not be able to browse business components meta data from your DataStage client UI.

No DSN is required at runtime. The Siebel Business Components plug-in uses the Siebel Java Data Bean to read and write to the Siebel application.
    • Harji_Dhingra
      Harji_Dhingra
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-12T00:10:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

I am facing the same issue, I am able to view data using this stage, but if I click on "Edit" in the Output Tab - General Tab - It gives an error-
      Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified.

You said that - "You must then insure that this DSN is configured on your DataStage client Windows workstation" - How do I do this?
      • Harji_Dhingra
        Harji_Dhingra
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-20T01:09:06Z  in response to Harji_Dhingra
        Hi,

I was able to resolve this issue, to configure the DSN -
        1. Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Data Sources (ODBC)
        2. Go to the tab - "System DSN"
        3. The SIEBEL DSN that you are using the Stage-General Tab of Siebel Business Component stage should be present here, if it is not, you need to add it.
        4. To add it, click "Add" and select the Oracle Client that you are using, and enter credentials (same as you are using in Stage-General Tab of Siebel Business Component stage)

Regards,
        Harji