SystemAdmin
510 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Questions about platforms for browser and listenter

‏2005-08-08T20:13:30Z |
Can the MS Listener run on:
  • Windows XP2
  • Windows 2003 server

Can the browser run on a Windows 2003 server?

Is there a way to automate the export to Common DSA and DataStage tables so that it can be scheduled following a RunImporter?

Thanks,
Updated on 2005-08-15T19:31:54Z at 2005-08-15T19:31:54Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Questions about platforms for browser and listenter-more

‏2005-08-08T20:20:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If the publish to CDSA or DS7 can't be automated is there a way that I can query the MS repository for the process statistics (row counts) from outside MetaStage?

I want to set up a Business Objects universe to show the row counts.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Questions about platforms for browser and listenter

‏2005-08-09T12:46:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The supported platforms for MetaStage are listed in the Installation chapter in the Administrator's Guide. Windows Server 2003 is one of them, as is Windows XP. We now also support XP SP2. So the answer is yes for both the Listener and the Browser.

You can use a script to Publish to Browser. This described in the MetaStage Scripting chapter of the User's Guide.

You should be able to kick off such a script with a Session Succeeded Action in the Run Importer configuration file, as described on page 5-14 of the User's Guide in the section "Run Importer User Actions."
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-08-15T18:57:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Without using the EXCLUDE parameter a RunImporter job will bring in all of the files in the directory. But in the script for the Publish to Browser you need to specify a Category. So if you have jobs in multiple categories you would need to run the RunImporter once and then the publish (send to database) multiple times: once for each category.

Or should I create a User Defined Category to hold the necessary objects?
    And what would that include? I am only interested in getting the row counts to the DataStage7 tables.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-08-15T19:31:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Assuming, you have set up your directory so that when you run the compiled job and then run the Run Importer, all the events and runs are automatically associated with the compiled job (you can see them with Process Analysis, for example), then...

If you add the compiled job object to a User Defined category and then periodically publish that category to browser, it will bring along all the new events with it, and presumably the tables touched. The row counts will be in the event objects.

So if you are running a bunch of jobs, once you're sure everything is hooking up correctly, you should be able to just put the compiled job objects (software executables) into a single User Defined category and export that.

I don't have the environment now to set that up and test it, but it should work.