Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2005-10-13T12:18:33Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
510 Posts

Pinned topic Error After Importing ERwin Into MetaStage

‏2005-08-10T16:58:13Z |
Made an import to one client machine (Machine A) and was able to see the import on that machine. Wanted to send this information to our DB so that it could populate our browser. Machine A doesn't have administrative privleges, so I went to Machine B with privleges to attempt the send down.

This machine gets a message upon opening that the current directory is locked. We try to unlock the directory and got a 'superseded' message and asked us to refresh. We did so, but still cannot perform any functions in the directory. Here is the message that we get:

"Your view of the database has been superseded by changes made by another client. You will need to refresh your view either by answering Yes below, or choosing Refresh from the View menu. Do you wish to refresh now?"

We keep getting the same message over and over again like we are caught in some loop.

Ideas anyone?
Updated on 2005-10-13T12:18:33Z at 2005-10-13T12:18:33Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts

    Re: Error After Importing ERwin Into MetaStage

    ‏2005-10-13T08:36:30Z  
    I have same problem and it doesn't allow me to unlock or delete current version directory. Did you ever get a resolution/fix for your problem?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts

    Re: Error After Importing ERwin Into MetaStage

    ‏2005-10-13T10:39:42Z  
    I got that same error, and the way I solved it was to close MetaStage Explorer, open it again, and then unlocked the current version. I was working with only one workstation, though.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts

    Re: Error After Importing ERwin Into MetaStage

    ‏2005-10-13T12:18:33Z  
    Closing and reopening MetaStage does not solve the probelm. The directory is still locked and the supersede message continues to come back to you each type you click refresh. It appears that two imports were being done at the same time from different nodes and this causes corruption. This is a product bug as far as I am concerned unless someone from Ascential can chime in and tell me differently. I can not unlock directory, nor am I able to delete the current version. Fortunately I am able to export the queries, have back up import files and will probably have repository initialized and then rebuild manually.

    Thanks for your quick response.