4 replies Latest Post - ‏2006-02-24T20:00:41Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
510 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic MetaStage Authentication with Windows - SQL Server

‏2006-02-22T02:27:52Z |
Hi,

I am new to Metastage and have setup a directory and am able to publish contents of DataStage and ERWin to the browser also.

I wanted to know how to set up authentication based on Windows login to be used in the browser version.

My database is on SQL Server and i run the server.bat using an admin login on the server.

I have a DSN which i have created based on Windows Authentication but without giving an id also,it works and lets me browse the data in the browser.

Please let me know if i am missing anything here...

Thanks
Ashish
Updated on 2006-02-24T20:00:41Z at 2006-02-24T20:00:41Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: MetaStage Authentication with Windows - SQL Server

‏2006-02-23T09:42:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

I don't really understand your problem. Do you mean that even though you don't provide authentication id / password, you can see the data with the browser?

If this is the problem, remember that the machine that is connecting to the database is the one running server.bat, not the client, not the machine running the browser, and it's most probably connecting to the database using the same privileges the user running server.bat is, and not using the user information of the machine running the browser.

HTH
    Gaby
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-02-23T15:38:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thats exactly what is happening.It is using the Windows logon details of the ID running the server.bat on the server machine,whether i mention a user id/password in the browser or not.

I dont why that is happening or if there is any settings that need to be changed.

Also any database user with read access to the Metastage database can login if there is a SQL server DSN also defined and view the data.This happens even though that database user is not a user in MetaStage.

Thoughts?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-02-24T09:03:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Try changing the SQL Server ODBC DSN configuration at the machine running server.bat to not use Windows authentication.
    HTH
    Gaby
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-02-24T20:00:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thats not the solution.

I have a SQL Server user DSN also but then i would need to have all the users using the browser version to have SQL Server database IDs.

I want to use the NT authentication of the user logging in from the browser.