Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-07-14T08:33:06Z by SailajaChaganti
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6184 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Synchronous Request/Reply Scenario using Websphere MQSeries

‏2005-03-23T14:56:19Z |
Can anyone help me out with this problem?

I am trying to create a synchronous process whereby within a single map I am doing an MQPUT (ie the request) via output card #1 and then in a subsequent card, output card #2 within the same map, perform an MQGET (ie the response). The problem I am having is that it appears as thought the MQPUT is not being committed until the map times out (ie finishes). This has an affect on my MQGET in that I am not able to retrieve responses within the same instance of a map that I did an MQPUT.

Is there a way to commit an MQPUT before a map finishes execution? I have tried using the card scope control to no avail. I have also tried using a RUN map (ie a map that just does the PUTs as I pass them to it). All with no success. I have also reviewed the IBM Websphere MQ adapter commands and I don't see anything that allows me to 'force' a commit prior to the map's end of execution.

Has anyone out there written any synchronous maps using MQ Series in the past that they might be willing to share with me?

Thanks.

Matt
Updated on 2011-07-14T08:33:06Z at 2011-07-14T08:33:06Z by SailajaChaganti
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Synchronous Request/Reply Scenario using Websphere MQSer

‏2005-03-24T13:49:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Using a RUN map works fine. Have done this before even with the run maps to write to queue and read response from the reqply queue being executed from the same output card.

For the run map that gets the reply make sure you are overriding and correctly using the CID or HCID, LSN and QTY parameters for the MQ input card.

If you are having trouble use your MQ client to look at the message that is coming back on the reply queue. Check that the correlation ID is being set correctly.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-03-24T15:00:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This might be a lot to ask, but would it be possible for you to email me an example? Your suggestion makes sense to me, however I believe I have tried the RUN map method with unsuccessful results.

Thanks.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-03-25T15:52:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Nevermind about my last request. I called support and got my answer. I was using the wrong scope setting. I had it set to BURST when it needed to be CARD.

Problem solved.

Thanks.
    • SailajaChaganti
      SailajaChaganti
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-14T08:33:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Matthew,

Could you please share the sample map which worked out in below scenario.

We are facing similar issue.We tried keeping scope as CARD in the output card for putting message into the queue.

Ideally we are using Sink adapter and putting the messages using command aliases of adapter.

We even tried keeping Wait Interval (WI)while retrieving response, but still the same.

Could you please help in this regard.

Thanks ,
      Archana.k